Green initiatives and its reflection on green human resource management in IT companies
Journal of Contemporary Issues in Business and Government,
2020, Volume 26, Issue 2, Pages 1067-1072
AbstractThe research paper titled a Study on green initiatives and its reflection on green human resource management in IT Company. Descriptive research is applied using a simple random method of sampling with 74 respondents. The main aim of this paper is to show the impact of green human resource and its practices in the IT industry. Green Human Resource Management (GHRM) is a set of practices used by a company to reduce its carbon footprint. It has been observed that there is an increased awareness within the business environment on the motivation on going green and adopting various techniques to manage the environment. GHRM is a budding concept which is ready to explore green economic sides of business as the business world is going global. It is important for the company to follow GHRM to maintain its image by being an eco -friendly company which results in greater efficiency, low costs and better employee engagement and retention. It is found that practicing GHRM is influenced by factors like Green focus on CSR, Green Recruitment and Selection, Green Training and Development, Green Transportation, Green Printing, E-filing and Energy savings.
- Aboramadan, M., 2020. The effect of green HRM on employee green behaviors in higher education: the mediating mechanism of green work engagement. International Journal of Organizational Analysis ahead-of-print.
- A.C.Gomathi, S.R.Xavier Rajarathinam, A.Mohammed Sadiqc, Rajeshkumar, 2020. Anticancer activity of silver nanoparticles synthesized using aqueous fruit shell extract of Tamarindus indica on MCF-7 human breast cancer cell line. J. Drug Deliv. Sci. Technol. 55.
- Ahmad, S., 2015. Green Human Resource Management: Policies and practices. Cogent Business & Management 2, 1030817.
- Chakraborty, D., Biswas, W., 2020. Going Green with Green HRM Practices – A Strategic Initiative for Reinvigorating Performance Optimization in Companies. Prabandhan: Indian Journal of Management 13, 8–26.
- Charbel, J.C.J., 2011. How green are HRM practices, organizational culture, learning and teamwork? A Brazilian study. Industrial and Commercial Training 43, 98–105.
- Danda, A.K., Ravi, P., 2011. Effectiveness of postoperative antibiotics in orthognathic surgery: a meta-analysis. J. Oral Maxillofac. Surg. 69, 2650–2656.
- Danda, A.K., S, R., Chinnaswami, R., 2009. Comparison of gap arthroplasty with and without a temporalis muscle flap for the treatment of ankylosis. J. Oral Maxillofac. Surg. 67, 1425–1431.
- Dua, K., Wadhwa, R., Singhvi, G., Rapalli, V., Shukla, S.D., Shastri, M.D., Gupta, G., Satija, S., Mehta, M., Khurana, N., Awasthi, R., Maurya, P.K., Thangavelu, L., S, R., Tambuwala, M.M., Collet, T., Hansbro, P.M., Chellappan, D.K., 2019. The potential of siRNA based drug delivery in respiratory disorders: Recent advances and progress. Drug Dev. Res. 80, 714–730.
- Dwyer, R., Lamond, D., Lee, K.-H., 2009. Why and how to adopt green management into business organizations? Management decision.
- Ezhilarasan, D., Apoorva, V.S., Ashok Vardhan, N., 2019. Syzygium cumini extract induced reactive oxygen species-mediated apoptosis in human oral squamous carcinoma cells. J. Oral Pathol. Med. 48, 115–121.
- Hameed, Z., Ullah, K.I., Islam, T., Sheikh, Z., Muhammad, N.R., 2020. Do green HRM practices influence employees’ environmental performance? Int. J. Manpow. 41, 1061–1079.
- Han, S., Chen, H., Stemn, E., Owen, J., 2019. Interactions between organisational roles and environmental hazards: The case of safety in the Chinese coal industry. Resour. Policy 60, 36–46.
- Islam, T., Munawar, K.M., Ahmed, I., Mahmood, K., 2020. Promoting in-role and extra-role green behavior through ethical leadership: mediating role of green HRM and moderating role of individual green values. Int. J. Manpow. ahead-of-print.
- Krishnan, R., Chary, K.V., 2015. A rare case modafinil dependence. J. Pharmacol. Pharmacother. 6, 49–50.
- Manivannan, I., Ranganathan, S., Gopalakannan, S. et al., 2018. Mechanical Properties and Tribological Behavior of Al6061–SiC–Gr Self-Lubricating Hybrid Nanocomposites. Trans Indian Inst Met 71, 1897–1911.
- Mishra, P., 2017. Green human resource management. International Journal of Organizational Analysis.
- Muster, V., Schrader, U., 2011. Green Work-Life Balance: A New Perspective for Green HRM. German Journal of Human Resource Management 25, 140–156.
- Narayanan, V., Kannan, R., Sreekumar, K., 2009. Retromandibular approach for reduction and fixation of mandibular condylar fractures: a clinical experience. Int. J. Oral Maxillofac. Surg. 38, 835–839.
- Narayanan, V., Ramadorai, A., Ravi, P., Nirvikalpa, N., 2012. Transmasseteric anterior parotid approach for condylar fractures: experience of 129 cases. Br. J. Oral Maxillofac. Surg. 50, 420–424.
- Neelakantan, P., John, S., Anand, S., Sureshbabu, N., Subbarao, C., 2011. Fluoride release from a new glass-ionomer cement. Oper. Dent. 36, 80–85.
- Neelakantan, P., Sharma, S., 2015. Pain after single-visit root canal treatment with two single-file systems based on different kinematics--a prospective randomized multicenter clinical study. Clin. Oral Investig. 19, 2211–2217.
- Neelakantan, P., Subbarao, C., Sharma, S., Subbarao, C.V., Garcia-Godoy, F., Gutmann, J.L., 2013. Effectiveness of curcumin against Enterococcus faecalis biofilm. Acta Odontol. Scand. 71, 1453–1457.
- Oluwaseyi, O.A., Nya-Ling, T.C., Alias, M., 2020. Linking green HRM practices to environmental performance through pro-environment behaviour in the information technology sector. Soc. Responsib. Journal. Law Med. ahead-of-print.
- Opatha, H.H.P., Arulrajah, A.A., 2014. Green human resource management: Simplified general reflections. International Business Research 7, 101.
- Panchal, V., Jeevanandan, G., Subramanian, E.M.G., 2019. Comparison of post-operative pain after root canal instrumentation with hand K-files, H-files and rotary Kedo-S files in primary teeth: a randomised clinical trial. Eur. Arch. Paediatr. Dent. 20, 467–472.
- Prasanna, N., Subbarao, C.V., Gutmann, J.L., 2011. The efficacy of pre-operative oral medication of lornoxicam and diclofenac potassium on the success of inferior alveolar nerve block in patients with irreversible pulpitis: a double-blind, randomised controlled clinical trial. Int. Endod. J. 44, 330–336.
- Priya S, R., Krishnan, C., S, J.R., Das}, J., 2009. Growth and characterization of NLO active lithium sulphate monohydrate single crystals. Crystal research and technology 44, 1272–76`.
- Rajeshkumar, S., Menon, S., Venkat Kumar, S., Tambuwala, M.M., Bakshi, H.A., Mehta, M., Satija, S., Gupta, G., Chellappan, D.K., Thangavelu, L., Dua, K., 2019. Antibacterial and antioxidant potential of biosynthesized copper nanoparticles mediated through Cissus arnotiana plant extract. J. Photochem. Photobiol. B 197, 111531.
- Ramadurai, N., Gurunathan, D., Samuel, A.V., Subramanian, E., Rodrigues, S.J.L., 2019. Effectiveness of 2% Articaine as an anesthetic agent in children: randomized controlled trial. Clin. Oral Investig. 23, 3543–3550.
- Ramakrishnan, M., Dhanalakshmi, R., Subramanian, E.M.G., 2019. Survival rate of different fixed posterior space maintainers used in Paediatric Dentistry - A systematic review. Saudi Dent J 31, 165–172.
- Ramesh, A., Varghese, S.S., Doraiswamy, J.N., Malaiappan, S., 2016. Herbs as an antioxidant arsenal for periodontal diseases. J Intercult Ethnopharmacol 5, 92–96.
- Renwick, D., Redman, T., Maguire, S., 2008. Green HRM: A review, process model, and research agenda. University of Sheffield Management School Discussion Paper 1, 1–46.
- Soine, L., 1987. Expanding the Environment in Social Work: The Case for Including Environmental Hazards Content. J. Soc. Work Educ. 23, 40–46.
- Subramanian, N., Abdulrahman, M.D., Wu, L., Nath, P., 2016. Green competence framework: evidence from China. The International Journal of Human Resource Management 27, 151–172.
- Venugopalan, S., Ariga, P., Aggarwal, P., Viswanath, A., 2014. Magnetically retained silicone facial prosthesis. Niger. J. Clin. Pract. 17, 260–264.
- Wehrmeyer, W., 2017. Greening People: Human Resources and Environmental Management. Routledge.
- Article View: 100
- PDF Download: 60