Employee retention strategies in IT sector – a perceptual survey
Journal of Contemporary Issues in Business and Government,
2020, Volume 26, Issue 2, Pages 1073-1079
AbstractThis study has been conducted to examine Employee Retention Strategy used in the IT sector to retain their employees. Employee Retention refers to the different practices which let the employees retain in an organisation for a longer period of time. Each organisation invests time and cash to prepare a new employee, make him a corporate prepared material and carry him at standard with the current employees. The organisation is totally at loss when the employees give up positions once they are completely prepared. Employee retention considers the different estimates taken with the goal that an individual stays in an organisation for the greatest timeframe. Retention strategies are policies and plans that organisations follow to decrease worker turnover and attrition and guarantee employees are locked in and gainful long haul. The critical test for organizations is guaranteeing a retention methodology lines up with business objectives to guarantee the most extreme degree of profitability. The questionnaire was conducted to gather primary data, and it is directly led from the employees to recognize the elements that make them resolved to serve their current organisation. The findings of the study reveals that the increase in rewards and recognition, good working environment, supervisor support and contribution of increased supervisor support career opportunity has a positive significant impact on Employee Retention in the IT sector.
- A.C.Gomathi, S.R.Xavier Rajarathinam, A.Mohammed Sadiqc, Rajeshkumar, 2020. Anticancer activity of silver nanoparticles synthesized using aqueous fruit shell extract of Tamarindus indica on MCF-7 human breast cancer cell line. J. Drug Deliv. Sci. Technol. 55.
- Coombs, C.R., 2009. Improving retention strategies for IT professionals working in the public sector. Information & Management 46, 233–240.
- Danda, A.K., Ravi, P., 2011. Effectiveness of postoperative antibiotics in orthognathic surgery: a meta-analysis. J. Oral Maxillofac. Surg. 69, 2650–2656.
- Danda, A.K., S, R., Chinnaswami, R., 2009. Comparison of gap arthroplasty with and without a temporalis muscle flap for the treatment of ankylosis. J. Oral Maxillofac. Surg. 67, 1425–1431.
- Dua, K., Wadhwa, R., Singhvi, G., Rapalli, V., Shukla, S.D., Shastri, M.D., Gupta, G., Satija, S., Mehta, M., Khurana, N., Awasthi, R., Maurya, P.K., Thangavelu, L., S, R., Tambuwala, M.M., Collet, T., Hansbro, P.M., Chellappan, D.K., 2019. The potential of siRNA based drug delivery in respiratory disorders: Recent advances and progress. Drug Dev. Res. 80, 714–730.
- Ezhilarasan, D., Apoorva, V.S., Ashok Vardhan, N., 2019. Syzygium cumini extract induced reactive oxygen species-mediated apoptosis in human oral squamous carcinoma cells. J. Oral Pathol. Med. 48, 115–121.
- Gs, R., Subhashchandra, K.T., n.d. A STUDY ON EMPLOYEE RETENTION STRATEGIES WITH REFERENCE TO COMPANY FACTORS IN SME IT SECTOR. EPRA International Journal of Multidisciplinary Research (IJMR) 25, 83.
- James, L., Mathew, L., 2012. Employee retention strategies: IT industry. SCMS Journal of Indian Management 9, 79.
- Kossivi, B., Xu, M., Kalgora, B., 2016. Study on determining factors of employee retention. Open J. Soc. Sci. 04, 261–268.
- Krishnan, R., Chary, K.V., 2015. A rare case modafinil dependence. J. Pharmacol. Pharmacother. 6, 49–50.
- Mandhanya, Y., 2015. A STUDY OF IMPACT OF WORKING ENVIRONMENT ON RETENTION OF EMPLOYEES (With special reference to Automobile sector). Global Management Review 9.
- Manivannan, I., Ranganathan, S., Gopalakannan, S. et al., 2018. Mechanical Properties and Tribological Behavior of Al6061–SiC–Gr Self-Lubricating Hybrid Nanocomposites. Trans Indian Inst Met 71, 1897–1911.
- Narayanan, V., Kannan, R., Sreekumar, K., 2009. Retromandibular approach for reduction and fixation of mandibular condylar fractures: a clinical experience. Int. J. Oral Maxillofac. Surg. 38, 835–839.
- Narayanan, V., Ramadorai, A., Ravi, P., Nirvikalpa, N., 2012. Transmasseteric anterior parotid approach for condylar fractures: experience of 129 cases. Br. J. Oral Maxillofac. Surg. 50, 420–424.
- Neelakantan, P., John, S., Anand, S., Sureshbabu, N., Subbarao, C., 2011. Fluoride release from a new glass-ionomer cement. Oper. Dent. 36, 80–85.
- Neelakantan, P., Sharma, S., 2015. Pain after single-visit root canal treatment with two single-file systems based on different kinematics--a prospective randomized multicenter clinical study. Clin. Oral Investig. 19, 2211–2217.
- Neelakantan, P., Subbarao, C., Sharma, S., Subbarao, C.V., Garcia-Godoy, F., Gutmann, J.L., 2013. Effectiveness of curcumin against Enterococcus faecalis biofilm. Acta Odontol. Scand. 71, 1453–1457.
- Nyanjom, C.R., 2013. Factors influencing employee retention in the state corporations in Kenya. University of Nairobi.
- Osibanjo, A.O., Adeniji, A.A., Falola, H.O., Heirsmac, P.T., 2014. Compensation packages: a strategic tool for employees’ performance and retention. Leonardo Journal of Sciences 65–84.
- Panchal, V., Jeevanandan, G., Subramanian, E.M.G., 2019. Comparison of post-operative pain after root canal instrumentation with hand K-files, H-files and rotary Kedo-S files in primary teeth: a randomised clinical trial. Eur. Arch. Paediatr. Dent. 20, 467–472.
- Prasanna, N., Subbarao, C.V., Gutmann, J.L., 2011. The efficacy of pre-operative oral medication of lornoxicam and diclofenac potassium on the success of inferior alveolar nerve block in patients with irreversible pulpitis: a double-blind, randomised controlled clinical trial. Int. Endod. J. 44, 330–336.
- Priya S, R., Krishnan, C., S, J.R., Das}, J., 2009. Growth and characterization of NLO active lithium sulphate monohydrate single crystals. Crystal research and technology 44, 1272–76`.
- Rai, A., Ghosh, P., Chauhan, R., Singh, R., 2018. Improving in-role and extra-role performances with rewards and recognition. Management Research Review.
- Rajeshkumar, S., Menon, S., Venkat Kumar, S., Tambuwala, M.M., Bakshi, H.A., Mehta, M., Satija, S., Gupta, G., Chellappan, D.K., Thangavelu, L., Dua, K., 2019. Antibacterial and antioxidant potential of biosynthesized copper nanoparticles mediated through Cissus arnotiana plant extract. J. Photochem. Photobiol. B 197, 111531.
- Ramadurai, N., Gurunathan, D., Samuel, A.V., Subramanian, E., Rodrigues, S.J.L., 2019. Effectiveness of 2% Articaine as an anesthetic agent in children: randomized controlled trial. Clin. Oral Investig. 23, 3543–3550.
- Ramakrishnan, M., Dhanalakshmi, R., Subramanian, E.M.G., 2019. Survival rate of different fixed posterior space maintainers used in Paediatric Dentistry - A systematic review. Saudi Dent J 31, 165–172.
- Ramesh, A., Varghese, S.S., Doraiswamy, J.N., Malaiappan, S., 2016. Herbs as an antioxidant arsenal for periodontal diseases. J Intercult Ethnopharmacol 5, 92–96.
- Ratna, R., Chawla, S., 2012. KEY FACTORS OF RETENTION AND RETENTION STRATEGIES IN TELECOM SECTOR. Global Management Review.
- Reddy, G.A.K., Srinivasa, M., 2016. Employee retention strategies in indian software industry. International Journal of Core Engineering And Management 2, 14–24.
- Rose, S., Raja, K.G., 2016. ROLE OF HR PRACTICES, JOB SATISFACTION, AND ORGANIZATION COMMITMENT IN EMPLOYEE RETENTION. CLEAR International Journal of Research in Commerce & Management 7.
- Samuel, M.O., Chipunza, C., 2009. Employee retention and turnover: Using motivational variables as a panacea. African journal of business management 3, 410–415.
- Shoaib, M., Noor, A., Tirmizi, S.R., Bashir, S., 2009. Determinants of employee retention in telecom sector of Pakistan. Proceedings of the 2nd CBRC, Lahore, Pakistan 14, 1–18.
- Tirta, A.H., Enrika, A., 2020. Understanding the impact of reward and recognition, work life balance, on employee retention with job satisfaction as mediating variable on millennials in Indonesia. Journal of Business and Retail Management Research 14.
- Togher, K., 2016. An analysis of the area of reward and recognition and the impact it has on employee retention (masters). Dublin, National College of Ireland.
- Turnea, E.-S., Prodan, A., 2020. The Relative Influence of Total Reward on Retention of Human Resources. Revista de Cercetare si Interventie Sociala 69.
- Venugopalan, S., Ariga, P., Aggarwal, P., Viswanath, A., 2014. Magnetically retained silicone facial prosthesis. Niger. J. Clin. Pract. 17, 260–264.
- Ratna, Rajnish; Chawla, Saniya. Global Management Review. 2012, Vol. 6 Issue 3, p35-46. 12p. 10 Graphs. , Database: Business Source Elite
- Article View: 81
- PDF Download: 63