Consumer behavior of women towards purchasing decision on passenger cars
Journal of Contemporary Issues in Business and Government,
2020, Volume 26, Issue 2, Pages 1087-1093
AbstractThe present study focuses on the purchasing behaviour of women towards cars. The study examines the factors which influence women buyers while purchasing a car. Women are prone to various factors while purchasing any automobile, such as driving comfort, performance, after sales service, opinion from their friends, parents, partner, and colleagues. The survey has been conducted in analyzing women consumers preferences on purchasing a car. Data collected among 100 women respondents from different fields. This study attempts to understand the buying decision process of women individually or in group. The main aim of the study examines the preferences of women while purchasing a car. This survey will be helpful for the automobile industry and others who like to study the purchasing behaviour of women consumers.
- Aarti, C., 2013. Conational Drivers, Mainly Advertisement Influencing Brand Preference of Consumer Durable Goods: An Experimental Analysis in North India. International Journal of scientific research and management (IJSRM) 1, 241–250.
- A.C.Gomathi, S.R.Xavier Rajarathinam, A.Mohammed Sadiqc, Rajeshkumar, 2020. Anticancer activity of silver nanoparticles synthesized using aqueous fruit shell extract of Tamarindus indica on MCF-7 human breast cancer cell line. J. Drug Deliv. Sci. Technol. 55.
- Ayres, I., Siegelman, P., 1995. Race and Gender Discrimination in Bargaining for a New Car. Am. Econ. Rev. 85, 304–321.
- Calás, M.B., Smircich, L., 1989. Using the F Word: Feminist Theories and the Social Consequences of Organizational Research. Proc. AMIA Annu. Fall Symp. 1989, 355–359.
- Chodorow, N.J., 1989. Feminism and psychoanalytic theory. Yale University Press.
- Danda, A.K., Ravi, P., 2011. Effectiveness of postoperative antibiotics in orthognathic surgery: a meta-analysis. J. Oral Maxillofac. Surg. 69, 2650–2656.
- Danda, A.K., S, R., Chinnaswami, R., 2009. Comparison of gap arthroplasty with and without a temporalis muscle flap for the treatment of ankylosis. J. Oral Maxillofac. Surg. 67, 1425–1431.
- David, A., Banumathi, M., 2014. Factors Influencing the Purchase Decision of Passenger Cars in Puduchery. International Journal of Exclusive.
- Dernovsek, D., 2000. Marketing to women. Credit Union Magazine [Online] 66, 5.
- Dua, K., Wadhwa, R., Singhvi, G., Rapalli, V., Shukla, S.D., Shastri, M.D., Gupta, G., Satija, S., Mehta, M., Khurana, N., Awasthi, R., Maurya, P.K., Thangavelu, L., S, R., Tambuwala, M.M., Collet, T., Hansbro, P.M., Chellappan, D.K., 2019. The potential of siRNA based drug delivery in respiratory disorders: Recent advances and progress. Drug Dev. Res. 80, 714–730.
- Ezhilarasan, D., Apoorva, V.S., Ashok Vardhan, N., 2019. Syzygium cumini extract induced reactive oxygen species-mediated apoptosis in human oral squamous carcinoma cells. J. Oral Pathol. Med. 48, 115–121.
- Giligan, C., 1982. In a different voice. Cambridge: Harvard UP.
- Goff, B.G., Boles, J.S., Bellenger, D.N., Stojack, C., 1997. The influence of salesperson selling behaviors on customer satisfaction with products. J. Retail. 73, 171–183.
- Krishnan, R., Chary, K.V., 2015. A rare case modafinil dependence. J. Pharmacol. Pharmacother. 6, 49–50.
- Kumar, G.R., Others, 2014. Purchase decision of Indian consumers: the factors of attraction while purchasing car. Studies in Business and Economics 9, 29–42.
- Lee, T.W., Govindan, S., 2014. Emerging issues in car purchasing decision. Academic Research International 5, 169.
- Manivannan, I., Ranganathan, S., Gopalakannan, S. et al., 2018. Mechanical Properties and Tribological Behavior of Al6061–SiC–Gr Self-Lubricating Hybrid Nanocomposites. Trans Indian Inst Met 71, 1897–1911.
- Narayanan, V., Kannan, R., Sreekumar, K., 2009. Retromandibular approach for reduction and fixation of mandibular condylar fractures: a clinical experience. Int. J. Oral Maxillofac. Surg. 38, 835–839.
- Narayanan, V., Ramadorai, A., Ravi, P., Nirvikalpa, N., 2012. Transmasseteric anterior parotid approach for condylar fractures: experience of 129 cases. Br. J. Oral Maxillofac. Surg. 50, 420–424.
- Neelakantan, P., John, S., Anand, S., Sureshbabu, N., Subbarao, C., 2011. Fluoride release from a new glass-ionomer cement. Oper. Dent. 36, 80–85.
- Neelakantan, P., Sharma, S., 2015. Pain after single-visit root canal treatment with two single-file systems based on different kinematics--a prospective randomized multicenter clinical study. Clin. Oral Investig. 19, 2211–2217.
- Neelakantan, P., Subbarao, C., Sharma, S., Subbarao, C.V., Garcia-Godoy, F., Gutmann, J.L., 2013. Effectiveness of curcumin against Enterococcus faecalis biofilm. Acta Odontol. Scand. 71, 1453–1457.
- Niklas, U., von Behren, S., Eisenmann, C., Chlond, B., Vortisch, P., 2019. Premium factor – Analyzing usage of premium cars compared to conventional cars. Res. transp. bus. manag. 33, 100456.
- Panchal, V., Jeevanandan, G., Subramanian, E.M.G., 2019. Comparison of post-operative pain after root canal instrumentation with hand K-files, H-files and rotary Kedo-S files in primary teeth: a randomised clinical trial. Eur. Arch. Paediatr. Dent. 20, 467–472.
- Pooja, Pooja, Mittal, S., Kamakshi, 2018. A Study on Impulse Buying Behavior of Females towards Cosmetics with Reference to in- Store Environment. International Journal of Management Studies.
- Popcorn, F., Marigold, L., 2001. EVolution: The Eight Truths of Marketing to Women. Profile Books Limited.
- Prasanna, N., Subbarao, C.V., Gutmann, J.L., 2011. The efficacy of pre-operative oral medication of lornoxicam and diclofenac potassium on the success of inferior alveolar nerve block in patients with irreversible pulpitis: a double-blind, randomised controlled clinical trial. Int. Endod. J. 44, 330–336.
- Priya S, R., Krishnan, C., S, J.R., Das}, J., 2009. Growth and characterization of NLO active lithium sulphate monohydrate single crystals. Crystal research and technology 44, 1272–76`.
- Punj, G.N., Staelin, R., 1983. A Model of Consumer Information Search Behavior for New Automobiles. J. Consum. Res. 9, 366–380.
- Rajeshkumar, S., Menon, S., Venkat Kumar, S., Tambuwala, M.M., Bakshi, H.A., Mehta, M., Satija, S., Gupta, G., Chellappan, D.K., Thangavelu, L., Dua, K., 2019. Antibacterial and antioxidant potential of biosynthesized copper nanoparticles mediated through Cissus arnotiana plant extract. J. Photochem. Photobiol. B 197, 111531.
- Rajireddy, K., Ravinder, D., 2016. Consumer Behavior Towards Brand Preference of Passenger Cars in Karimnagar District. International Journal & Magazine of Engineering, Technology, Management and Research 496–500.
- Ramadurai, N., Gurunathan, D., Samuel, A.V., Subramanian, E., Rodrigues, S.J.L., 2019. Effectiveness of 2% Articaine as an anesthetic agent in children: randomized controlled trial. Clin. Oral Investig. 23, 3543–3550.
- Ramakrishnan, M., Dhanalakshmi, R., Subramanian, E.M.G., 2019. Survival rate of different fixed posterior space maintainers used in Paediatric Dentistry - A systematic review. Saudi Dent J 31, 165–172.
- Ramesh, A., Varghese, S.S., Doraiswamy, J.N., Malaiappan, S., 2016. Herbs as an antioxidant arsenal for periodontal diseases. J Intercult Ethnopharmacol 5, 92–96.
- S, D.A., Aravinth, S., 2012. A Study on Customer Preference Towards Electronic Goods. Bonfring International Journal of Industrial Engineering and Management Science.
- Srivastava, R.K., Anderson, B.B., 2010. Gender roles and family decision making: a study of Indian automobile purchases. International Journal of Services, Economics and Management.
- Thiripurasundari, U., Natarajan, P., 2011. Determinants of Brand Equity in Indian CarManufacturing Firms. International Journal of Trade, Economics and Finance.
- Triplett, T., 1994. Automakers recognizing value of women’s market. Marketing News 28, 1–2.
- Venugopalan, S., Ariga, P., Aggarwal, P., Viswanath, A., 2014. Magnetically retained silicone facial prosthesis. Niger. J. Clin. Pract. 17, 260–264.
- Widgery, R., McGaugh, J., 1993. Vehicle message appeals and the new generation woman 33, 36+.
- lrich Niklas, Sascha von Behren, Christine Eisenmann, Bastian Chlond, Peter Vortisch, Premium factor – Analyzing usage of premium cars compared to conventional cars, Research in Transportation Business & Management, Volume 33, 2019, 100456, ISSN 2210-5395, https://doi.org/10.1016/j.rtbm.2020.100456.
- David, Arokiaraj and Banumathi, M., Factors Influencing the Purchase Decision of Passenger Cars in Puduchery (April 1, 2014). International Journal of Exclusive Management Research (IJEMR), ISSN 2249–2585 ,Vol.4, Iss.4, p1-10
- Article View: 88
- PDF Download: 55