Perception on the factors influencing potential candidates to select their employers
Journal of Contemporary Issues in Business and Government,
2020, Volume 26, Issue 2, Pages 1094-1099
AbstractCareer is an imperative aspect of everyone's life and it has a huge impact on the lifestyle, quality of life, and thereby happiness. Hence, a lot of variables are involved while selecting an organisation. Variables can often differ according to an employee’s personal obligations, life requirements and career path. The objective of this research is to compare the major factors that can influence a potential candidate while selecting an employer. The factors considered for this research are financial benefits, commuter benefits, paid leave benefits and healthcare packages. This study involves quantitative analysis where a questionnaire was distributed to 106 UG/PG graduates. The hypotheses were tested using the Anova analysis method. The results of the research revealed that the health care package is the important factor that can influence the candidate to select an employer. This research can be useful for an organisation to improve their recruitment policy and employee wellness.
- A.C.Gomathi, S.R.Xavier Rajarathinam, A.Mohammed Sadiqc, Rajeshkumar. (2020). Anticancer activity of silver nanoparticles synthesized using aqueous fruit shell extract of Tamarindus indica on MCF-7 human breast cancer cell line. Journal of Drug Delivery Science and Technology, 55. https://doi.org/10.1016/j.jddst.2019.101376
- Alpern, R., Canavan, M. E., Thompson, J. T., McNatt, Z., Tatek, D., Lindfield, T., & Bradley, E. H. (2013). Development of a brief instrument for assessing healthcare employee satisfaction in a low-income setting. PloS One, 8(11), e79053.
- Danda, A. K., & Ravi, P. (2011). Effectiveness of postoperative antibiotics in orthognathic surgery: a meta-analysis. Journal of Oral and Maxillofacial Surgery: Official Journal of the American Association of Oral and Maxillofacial Surgeons, 69(10), 2650–2656.
- Danda, A. K., S, R., & Chinnaswami, R. (2009). Comparison of gap arthroplasty with and without a temporalis muscle flap for the treatment of ankylosis. Journal of Oral and Maxillofacial Surgery: Official Journal of the American Association of Oral and Maxillofacial Surgeons, 67(7), 1425–1431.
- Delafrooz, N., & Paim, L. H. (2011). Determinants of financial wellness among Malaysia workers. African Journal of Business Management, 5(24), 10092–10100.
- Dua, K., Wadhwa, R., Singhvi, G., Rapalli, V., Shukla, S. D., Shastri, M. D., Gupta, G., Satija, S., Mehta, M., Khurana, N., Awasthi, R., Maurya, P. K., Thangavelu, L., S, R., Tambuwala, M. M., Collet, T., Hansbro, P. M., & Chellappan, D. K. (2019). The potential of siRNA based drug delivery in respiratory disorders: Recent advances and progress. Drug Development Research, 80(6), 714–730.
- Ezhilarasan, D., Apoorva, V. S., & Ashok Vardhan, N. (2019). Syzygium cumini extract induced reactive oxygen species-mediated apoptosis in human oral squamous carcinoma cells. Journal of Oral Pathology & Medicine: Official Publication of the International Association of Oral Pathologists and the American Academy of Oral Pathology, 48(2), 115–121.
- Garman, E. T., Kim, J., Kratzer, C. Y., Brunson, B. H., & Joo, S.-H. (1999). Workplace financial education improves personal financial wellness. Financial Counseling and Planning, 10(1), 79–88.
- Grzywacz, J. G., Carlson, D. S., & Shulkin, S. (2008). Schedule flexibility and stress: Linking formal flexible arrangements and perceived flexibility to employee health. Community, Work & Family, 11(2), 199–214.
- Hamre, A., & Buehler, R. (2014). Commuter Mode Choice and Free Car Parking, Public Transportation Benefits, Showers/Lockers, and Bike Parking at Work: Evidence from the Washington, DC Region. Journal of Public Transportation, 17(2), 4.
- Herman, J. L. (2013). Costs and Benefits of Providing Transition-related Health Care Coverage in Employee Health Benefits Plans: Findings from a Survey of Employers. https://escholarship.org/uc/item/5z38157s
- Iii, E. M. S., Clifton, T. J., & Kruse, D. (1996). Flexible work hours and productivity: Some evidence from the pharmaceutical industry. Industrial Relations, 35(1), 123–139.
- Krishnan, R., & Chary, K. V. (2015). A rare case modafinil dependence. Journal of Pharmacology & Pharmacotherapeutics, 6(1), 49–50.
- Manivannan, I., Ranganathan, S., Gopalakannan, S. et al. (2018). Mechanical Properties and Tribological Behavior of Al6061–SiC–Gr Self-Lubricating Hybrid Nanocomposites. Trans Indian Inst Met, 71, 1897–1911.
- Narayanan, V., Kannan, R., & Sreekumar, K. (2009). Retromandibular approach for reduction and fixation of mandibular condylar fractures: a clinical experience. International Journal of Oral and Maxillofacial Surgery, 38(8), 835–839.
- Narayanan, V., Ramadorai, A., Ravi, P., & Nirvikalpa, N. (2012). Transmasseteric anterior parotid approach for condylar fractures: experience of 129 cases. The British Journal of Oral & Maxillofacial Surgery, 50(5), 420–424.
- Neelakantan, P., John, S., Anand, S., Sureshbabu, N., & Subbarao, C. (2011). Fluoride release from a new glass-ionomer cement. Operative Dentistry, 36(1), 80–85.
- Neelakantan, P., & Sharma, S. (2015). Pain after single-visit root canal treatment with two single-file systems based on different kinematics--a prospective randomized multicenter clinical study. Clinical Oral Investigations, 19(9), 2211–2217.
- Neelakantan, P., Subbarao, C., Sharma, S., Subbarao, C. V., Garcia-Godoy, F., & Gutmann, J. L. (2013). Effectiveness of curcumin against Enterococcus faecalis biofilm. Acta Odontologica Scandinavica, 71(6), 1453–1457.
- Omar, R., Faculty of Technology Management and Business, Universiti Tun Hussein Onn, MALAYSIA, Ruslan, N. A., Faculty of Technology Management and Business, Universiti Tun Hussein Onn, & MALAYSIA. (2019). Study The Relationship Between Learning Performance And Facilities In The Vocational Special Education Secondary School Malaysia. In Journal of Technology Management and Business (Vol. 6, Issue 1). https://doi.org/10.30880/jtmb.2019.06.01.007
- Panchal, V., Jeevanandan, G., & Subramanian, E. M. G. (2019). Comparison of post-operative pain after root canal instrumentation with hand K-files, H-files and rotary Kedo-S files in primary teeth: a randomised clinical trial. European Archives of Paediatric Dentistry: Official Journal of the European Academy of Paediatric Dentistry, 20(5), 467–472.
- Prasanna, N., Subbarao, C. V., & Gutmann, J. L. (2011). The efficacy of pre-operative oral medication of lornoxicam and diclofenac potassium on the success of inferior alveolar nerve block in patients with irreversible pulpitis: a double-blind, randomised controlled clinical trial. International Endodontic Journal, 44(4), 330–336.
- Priya S, R., Krishnan, C., S, J. R., & Das}, J. (2009). Growth and characterization of NLO active lithium sulphate monohydrate single crystals. Crystal Research and Technology, 44(12), 1272–1276`.
- Rajeshkumar, S., Menon, S., Venkat Kumar, S., Tambuwala, M. M., Bakshi, H. A., Mehta, M., Satija, S., Gupta, G., Chellappan, D. K., Thangavelu, L., & Dua, K. (2019). Antibacterial and antioxidant potential of biosynthesized copper nanoparticles mediated through Cissus arnotiana plant extract. Journal of Photochemistry and Photobiology. B, Biology, 197, 111531.
- Ramadurai, N., Gurunathan, D., Samuel, A. V., Subramanian, E., & Rodrigues, S. J. L. (2019). Effectiveness of 2% Articaine as an anesthetic agent in children: randomized controlled trial. Clinical Oral Investigations, 23(9), 3543–3550.
- Ramakrishnan, M., Dhanalakshmi, R., & Subramanian, E. M. G. (2019). Survival rate of different fixed posterior space maintainers used in Paediatric Dentistry - A systematic review. The Saudi Dental Journal, 31(2), 165–172.
- Ramesh, A., Varghese, S. S., Doraiswamy, J. N., & Malaiappan, S. (2016). Herbs as an antioxidant arsenal for periodontal diseases. Journal of Intercultural Ethnopharmacology, 5(1), 92–96.
- SoonYew, J., LaiKuan, K., Zaliha, H., & Kamaruzaman, J. (2008). The influence of employee benefits towards organizational commitment. Asian Social Science, 4(8), 147–150.
- Van Giezen, R. W. (2013). Paid leave in private industry over the past 20 years. https://ecommons.cornell.edu/handle/1813/78574
- Venugopalan, S., Ariga, P., Aggarwal, P., & Viswanath, A. (2014). Magnetically retained silicone facial prosthesis. Nigerian Journal of Clinical Practice, 17(2), 260–264.
- Article View: 67
- PDF Download: 46