An Empirical Research on Perception of Corporate Executives on Career Development
Journal of Contemporary Issues in Business and Government,
2020, Volume 26, Issue 2, Pages 1100-1106
AbstractThe research paper titled A Study on Perception of Corporate Executives on Career Development. This paper studies Executive perception towards Career Development. Descriptive research is applied using a convenience method of sampling with 46 respondents. The tools used of the study are mean analysis, frequency analysis, t-test , ANOVA and Regression analysis.From the study it is found that Career Success is influenced by Career Development.
- Drucker, P.F. (1993), The Effective Executive, Harper & Row, New York, NY, p. 68.
- Hall, D.T. (1986), "Dilemmas in linking succession planning to individual executive learning", Human Resource Management, Summer, p. 251.
- Bardwick, J.M. (1995), Danger in the Comfort Zone, AMACOM, New York, NY.
- Guinn, S.L. (1997), "Change before you have to: for CEOs who recognise the need, the tools exist now for organisational change", Career Development International, Vol. 2 No. 5, pp. 225-8.
- Hamel, G. and Prahalad, C.K. (1994), Competing for the Future, Harvard Business School, Cambridge, MA.
- Labovitz, G.H. and Rosansky, V. (1997), The Power of Alignment: How Great Companies Stay Centerer and Accomplish Extraordinary Things, Wiley &Sons, New York, NY.
- Simonsen, P. (1997), Promoting a Development Culture in Your Organisation: Using Career Development as a Change Agent, Davies-Black, Palo Alto, CA.
- Auyeung, P. and Sands, J. (1997), “Factors influencing accounting students’ career choice: a cross-cultural validation study”, Accounting Education, Vol. 6 No. 1, pp. 13- 23. Bai, L. (1998), “Monetary reward versus the national ideological agenda: career choice among Chinese university students”, Journal of Moral Education, Vol. 27 No. 4, pp. 525-
- Barling, J. (1990), Employment Stress and Family Functioning, Wiley, New York, NY.
- CDI 13,4 372 Baruch, Y. (2006), “Career development in organizations and beyond: balancing traditional and contemporary viewpoints”, Human Resource Management Review, Vol. 16, pp. 125-38.
- Blustein, D.L., Schultheiss, D.E.P. and Flum, H. (2004), “Toward a relational perspective of the psychology of careers and working: a social constructionist analysis”, Journal of Vocational Behavior, Vol. 64, pp. 423-40.
- A.C.Gomathi, S.R.Xavier Rajarathinam, A.Mohammed Sadiqc, Rajeshkumar (2020) ‘Anticancer activity of silver nanoparticles synthesized using aqueous fruit shell extract of Tamarindus indica on MCF-7 human breast cancer cell line’, Journal of drug delivery science and technology, 55. doi: 10.1016/j.jddst.2019.101376.
- Betz, N. E. and Hackett, G. (1981) ‘The relationship of career-related self-efficacy expectations to perceived career options in college women and men’, Journal of counseling psychology, 28(5), pp. 399–410.
- Brown, D. (2003) ‘Career information, career counseling, and career development, 8th ed’, 8, p. 492.
- Cullen, L. T. (2008) ‘Top reasons why we change jobs’, Time.
- Danda, A. K. and Ravi, P. (2011) ‘Effectiveness of postoperative antibiotics in orthognathic surgery: a meta-analysis’, Journal of oral and maxillofacial surgery: official journal of the American Association of Oral and Maxillofacial Surgeons, 69(10), pp. 2650–2656.
- Danda, A. K., S, R. and Chinnaswami, R. (2009) ‘Comparison of gap arthroplasty with and without a temporalis muscle flap for the treatment of ankylosis’, Journal of oral and maxillofacial surgery: official journal of the American Association of Oral and Maxillofacial Surgeons, 67(7), pp. 1425–1431.
- Dua, K. et al. (2019) ‘The potential of siRNA based drug delivery in respiratory disorders: Recent advances and progress’, Drug development research, 80(6), pp. 714–730.
- Ezhilarasan, D., Apoorva, V. S. and Ashok Vardhan, N. (2019) ‘Syzygium cumini extract induced reactive oxygen species-mediated apoptosis in human oral squamous carcinoma cells’, Journal of oral pathology & medicine: official publication of the International Association of Oral Pathologists and the American Academy of Oral Pathology, 48(2), pp. 115–121.
- Graddick, M. N. (1988) ‘Corporate Philosophies of Employee Development, Career Growth and Human Resource Strategies: The Role of the Human Resource Professional in Employee Development, London, M. & Mone, EM’. Quorum Books, Westport, CT.
- Greller, M. M. (2006) ‘Hours invested in professional development during late career as a function of career motivation and satisfaction’, Career Development International, 11(6), pp. 544–559.
- Krishnan, R. and Chary, K. V. (2015) ‘A rare case modafinil dependence’, Journal of pharmacology & pharmacotherapeutics, 6(1), pp. 49–50.
- Manivannan, I., Ranganathan, S., Gopalakannan, S. et al. (2018) ‘Mechanical Properties and Tribological Behavior of Al6061–SiC–Gr Self-Lubricating Hybrid Nanocomposites’, Trans Indian Inst Met, 71, pp. 1897–1911.
- Narayanan, V. et al. (2012) ‘Transmasseteric anterior parotid approach for condylar fractures: experience of 129 cases’, The British journal of oral & maxillofacial surgery, 50(5), pp. 420–424.
- Narayanan, V., Kannan, R. and Sreekumar, K. (2009) ‘Retromandibular approach for reduction and fixation of mandibular condylar fractures: a clinical experience’, International journal of oral and maxillofacial surgery, 38(8), pp. 835–839.
- Neelakantan, P. et al. (2011) ‘Fluoride release from a new glass-ionomer cement’, Operative dentistry, 36(1), pp. 80–85.
- Neelakantan, P. et al. (2013) ‘Effectiveness of curcumin against Enterococcus faecalis biofilm’, Acta odontologica Scandinavica, 71(6), pp. 1453–1457.
- Neelakantan, P. and Sharma, S. (2015) ‘Pain after single-visit root canal treatment with two single-file systems based on different kinematics--a prospective randomized multicenter clinical study’, Clinical oral investigations, 19(9), pp. 2211–2217.
- Panchal, V., Jeevanandan, G. and Subramanian, E. M. G. (2019) ‘Comparison of post-operative pain after root canal instrumentation with hand K-files, H-files and rotary Kedo-S files in primary teeth: a randomised clinical trial’, European archives of paediatric dentistry: official journal of the European Academy of Paediatric Dentistry, 20(5), pp. 467–472.
- Patton, W. and McMahon, M. (1999) ‘Career development and systems theory: A new relationship’, 287. Available at: https://psycnet.apa.org/fulltext/1998-06482-000.pdf.
- Peterson, G. W., Sampson, J. P., Jr. and Reardon, R. C. (1991) ‘Career development and services: A cognitive approach’, 493. Available at: https://psycnet.apa.org/fulltext/1991-97266-000.pdf.
- Prasanna, N., Subbarao, C. V. and Gutmann, J. L. (2011) ‘The efficacy of pre-operative oral medication of lornoxicam and diclofenac potassium on the success of inferior alveolar nerve block in patients with irreversible pulpitis: a double-blind, randomised controlled clinical trial’, International endodontic journal, 44(4), pp. 330–336.
- Priya S, R. et al. (2009) ‘Growth and characterization of NLO active lithium sulphate monohydrate single crystals’, Crystal research and technology, 44(12), pp. 1272–76`.
- Rajeshkumar, S. et al. (2019) ‘Antibacterial and antioxidant potential of biosynthesized copper nanoparticles mediated through Cissus arnotiana plant extract’, Journal of photochemistry and photobiology. B, Biology, 197, p. 111531.
- Ramadurai, N. et al. (2019) ‘Effectiveness of 2% Articaine as an anesthetic agent in children: randomized controlled trial’, Clinical oral investigations, 23(9), pp. 3543–3550.
- Ramakrishnan, M., Dhanalakshmi, R. and Subramanian, E. M. G. (2019) ‘Survival rate of different fixed posterior space maintainers used in Paediatric Dentistry - A systematic review’, The Saudi dental journal, 31(2), pp. 165–172.
- Ramesh, A. et al. (2016) ‘Herbs as an antioxidant arsenal for periodontal diseases’, Journal of intercultural ethnopharmacology, 5(1), pp. 92–96.
- Rappaport, T. S., Reed, J. H. and Woerner, B. D. (1996) ‘Position location using wireless communications on highways of the future’, IEEE Communications Magazine, 34(10), pp. 33–41.
- Super, D. E. (1980) ‘A life-span, life-space approach to career development’, Journal of vocational behavior, 16(3), pp. 282–298.
- Venugopalan, S. et al. (2014) ‘Magnetically retained silicone facial prosthesis’, Nigerian journal of clinical practice, 17(2), pp. 260–264.
- Article View: 27
- PDF Download: 23