Study on the possibility of applying the unified theory of acceptance and use of technology in online insurance business
Journal of Contemporary Issues in Business and Government,
2021, Volume 27, Issue 2, Pages 72-78
AbstractIn the context of the fourth technological revolution, online insurance has become a new trend of providing insurance products around the world. In Vietnam, some insurance companies have innovatively applied new technologies in their business activities, including online insurance. However, the field of online insurance is still in slow development and there have not been studies to find out about the degree of customer acceptance of this service. Therefore, the research team conducted a survey on customers 'demand for online insurance and researched the factors affecting customers' intention and behavior for using online insurance services through the Unified theory of acceptance and use of technology (UTAUT). The research team used structural equation modeling (SEM) to evaluate the relationship between the factors in the model. The research results show that risk perception, trust, social influence, and expected performance have an impact on customers' intention to use online insurance and the relationship between customers' intention and behavior for using online insurance.
- Antonella Cappiello (2018), “Technology and the Insurance Industry: Re-configuring the Competitive Landscape”.
- Arpita Khare (2012), Customer behavior toward online insurance services in India, Journal of Database Marketing &Customer Strategy Management (2012) 19, 120 – 133.
- Ajzen, I. (1991), The Theory of Planned Behaviour. Organizational Behaviour and Human Decision Processes.
- CB Insights (2017), Insurance Tech startups Raise $1.7B Across 173 Deals in 2016, www.cbinsights.com/blog/2016-insurance-tech-funding.
- CB Insights (2017), Where Insurers and Reinsurers Invested in Tech startups in 2016 www.cbinsights.com/blog/2016-insurance-cvc-total.
- Dr r. Ramaswamy Velmurgan (2015), SWOT analysis for online insurance india, Vol.03 Issue-11 International Journal in Management and Social Science.
- Dasgupta, P., Sengupta (2002), K. E-Commerce in the Indian Insurance Industry: Prospects and Future. Electronic Commerce Research 2, 43–60 (2002).
- Dillon, A. and Morris, M. (1996), User acceptance of new information technology - theories and models. In: M. Williams (ed.) Annual Review of Information Science and Technology, Vol. 31, Medford NJ: Information Today, 3-32.
- Institute of International Finance (2016), Innovation in insurance: how technology is changing the industry.
- Fishbein, M., & Ajzen, I. (1975), Belief, attitude, intention and behavior: An introduction to theory and research, Addition-Wesley publishing company
- Gerbing, D. W., & &erson, J. C. (1988), An updated paradigm for scale development incorporating unidimensionality & its assessment. Journal of marketing research, 186-192.
- Geetha, K., and Malarvizhi, V. (2012). Assessment of a Modified Technology Acceptance Model among E-banking Customers in Coimbatore City, International Journal of Innovation, Management and Technology, Vol. 3, No. 2, pp. 181-187.
- Hair, J. F., Black, W. C., Babin, B. J., &erson, R. E., & Tatham, R. L. (1998), Multivariate data analysis (Vol. 5, No. 3, pp. 207-219). Upper Saddle River, NJ: Prentice hall.
- Jackson Mueller (2018), InsurTech rising:A profile of the InsurTech lanscape Milken Institute Center for Financial Markets.
- Lai, V. S., & Li, H. (2005). Technology acceptance model for internet banking: an invariance analysis. Information & management, 42(2), 373-386.
- Natalie de Freitas (2018), Investment in Insurtech Industry Surged in 2017, with Europe Emerging as Key Insurtech Hub Ireland, https://newsroom.
- accenture.com/news/investment-in-insurtech-industry-surged-in-2017-with-europe-emerging-as-key-insurtech-hub-accenture-analysis- nds.htm.
- Nguyen Thanh Huyen, Tran Thi Thu Trang and Le Thanh Huyen (2018), The prospects of applying theblockchain technology in the insurance sectorin developing countries: a context of Vietnam, International CNU Alumni Conference at Chungnam National University.
- OECD (2017), Technology and innovation in the insurance sector
- Martin Grossman et al (2004) , E-Commerce Adoption in the Insurance Industry, Management Faculty Publications. Paper 30
- Thomas Holzheu et al (2000), The impact of e-business on the insurance industry: Pressure to adapt – chance to reinvent, sigma journal, Economic research and consulting publisher.
- Valentina Gatteschi, Fabrizio Lamberti, Claudio Demartini, Chiara Pranteda and Víctor Santamaría (2018), Blockchain and Smart Contracts for Insurance: Is the Technology Mature Enough?, https://www.mdpi.com/journal/futureinternet
- Venkatesh, V., ong, J. Y., & Xu, X. (2012). Consumer acceptance and use of information technology: extending the unied theory of acceptance and use of technology. MIS quarterly, 157-178.
- Vijayakumar Gajenderan (2016), A Study on Customer Perception towards the Online Insurace, Vol.5, No.1, January - March 2016
- Article View: 199
- PDF Download: 152