Shared Leadership, Leadership Styles in Between ERP and HRM Implementation
Journal of Contemporary Issues in Business and Government,
2021, Volume 27, Issue 2, Pages 233-242
AbstractThe study aimed to identify the placement of shared leadership in between ERP and HRM implementation. Methodology: The following study is mainly characterised with the quantitative research design which has been selected considering the nature of the study. The present study is focused towards assessing the mediating effect of shared leadership in between ERP and HRM implementation. In this manner, the researcher has used positivism philosophy of the research along with the deductive approach which assisted the research in data collection and carrying out analysis. The questionnaire is distributed to 348 sample size to get the respondents. Findings: The results has revealed that the overall influence of shared leadership in between ERP and HRM implementation was identified to be significant. However, there was partial mediation in terms of leadership types, characteristics of leadership with respect to HRM implementation. Limitations and Implications: The following study has identified the placement of shared leadership in between HRM and ERP in the manufacturing sector of Vietnam. Moreover, there were certain limitations on this study which can be taken into consideration by the future researchers.
- Afthanorhan, W. M. A. B. W. 2013. A comparison of partial least square structural equation modeling (PLS-SEM) and covariance based structural equation modeling (CB-SEM) for confirmatory factor analysis. International Journal of Engineering Science and Innovative Technology, 2(5), 198-205.
- Brown, T. A., & Moore, M. T. (2012). Confirmatory factor analysis. Handbook of structural equation modeling, 361-379.
- Brown, W., 2017. Exploring the Impact of Shared Leadership Styles and Nonprofit Performance.
- Chiu, C.Y.C., Owens, B.P. and Tesluk, P.E., 2016. Initiating and utilizing shared leadership in teams: The role of leader humility, team proactive personality, and team performance capability. Journal of Applied Psychology, 101(12), p.1705.
- Cook, A.S., Zill, A. and Meyer, B., 2019. Observing leadership as behavior in teams and herds–An ethological approach to shared leadership research. The Leadership Quarterly.
- D’Innocenzo, L., Mathieu, J.E. and Kukenberger, M.R., 2016. A meta-analysis of different forms of shared leadership–team performance relations. Journal of Management, 42(7), pp.1964-1991.
- Galli, B.J., 2019. A shared leadership approach to transformational leadership theory: Analysis of research methods and philosophies. In Scholarly Ethics and Publishing: Breakthroughs in Research and Practice (pp. 751-790). IGI Global.
- Hair Jr, J.F., Hult, G.T.M., Ringle, C. and Sarstedt, M., 2016. A primer on partial least squares structural equation modeling (PLS-SEM). Sage publications.
- Hoch, J.E. and Dulebohn, J.H., 2013. Shared leadership in enterprise resource planning and human resource management system implementation. Human Resource Management Review, 23(1), pp.114-125.
- McCleskey, J.A., 2018. Millennial leadership expectations, shared leadership, and the future of organisations. J Manage Sci Bus Intell, 3(2), pp.50-52.
- Miller, T.W., 2014. Modeling techniques in predictive analytics with Python and R: a guide to data science. FT Press.
- Nordbäck, E.S. and Espinosa, J.A., 2019. Effective Coordination of Shared Leadership in Global Virtual Teams. Journal of Management Information Systems, 36(1), pp.321-350.
- Seo, G., 2013. Challenges in implementing enterprise resource planning (ERP) system in large organisations: similarities and differences between corporate and university environment (Doctoral dissertation, Massachusetts Institute of Technology).
- Solomon, F., 2019. Challenges And Effect Of Implementing Enterprise Resource Planning (Erp) On Organisational Performance (A Case Study At Ethiopian Agricultural Transformation Agency) (Doctoral dissertation, Addis Ababa University).
- Sweeney, A., Clarke, N. and Higgs, M., 2019. Shared leadership in commercial organizations: A systematic review of definitions, theoretical frameworks and organizational outcomes. International Journal of Management Reviews, 21(1), pp.115-136.
- Wong, K.K.K., 2011. Book review: Handbook of partial least squares: Concepts, methods and applications.
- Wee, A., 2017. Leadership and communication in HCMC, Vietnam. International Journal of Business and Management, 12(6), pp.111-120.
- Yong, A. G., and Pearce, S. 2013. A beginner’s guide to factor analysis: Focusing on exploratory factor analysis. Tutorials in quantitative methods for psychology, 9(2), 79-94.
- Zhu, J., Liao, Z., Yam, K.C. and Johnson, R.E., 2018. Shared leadership: A state‐of‐the‐art review and future research agenda. Journal of Organizational Behavior, 39(7), pp.834-852.
- Article View: 22
- PDF Download: 36