A study on customer satisfaction towards the after sales services in the context of automobiles in chennai
Journal of Contemporary Issues in Business and Government,
2020, Volume 26, Issue 2, Pages 1115-1122
AbstractIn the automobile industry after sale service plays an important role whether it is before
buying a product or after buying a product.The main reason of this study is to determine the impact
of Customer Satisfaction on after sales services in the context of Automobiles in Chennai and to
know about the factors which influences customer satisfaction. The data is collected on probability
basis from 71 respondents and is analysed with the SPSS tool. The collected data were classified,
tabulated and analysed with statistical tools Frequency analysis, Mean analysis, Independent t Test,
One-way Anova and Regression analysis. The results showed that the majority of the respondents
were male and of age between 21-30 years who use a car or bike. It is found that Speed of Service
and Cost of Service of after sales service is significant on the Customers
A.C.Gomathi, S.R.Xavier Rajarathinam, A.Mohammed Sadiqc, Rajeshkumar. 2020. “Anticancer Activity of
Silver Nanoparticles Synthesized Using Aqueous Fruit Shell Extract of Tamarindus Indica on MCF-7 Human
Breast Cancer Cell Line.” Journal of Drug Delivery Science and Technology 55 (February).
2. Danda, Anil K., Ramkumar S, and Ravindran Chinnaswami. 2009. “Comparison of Gap Arthroplasty with
and without a Temporalis Muscle Flap for the Treatment of Ankylosis.” Journal of Oral and Maxillofacial
Surgery: Official Journal of the American Association of Oral and Maxillofacial Surgeons 67 (7): 1425–31.
3. Danda, Anil Kumar, and Poornima Ravi. 2011. “Effectiveness of Postoperative Antibiotics in Orthognathic
Surgery: A Meta-Analysis.” Journal of Oral and Maxillofacial Surgery: Official Journal of the American
Association of Oral and Maxillofacial Surgeons 69 (10): 2650–56.
4. Dua, Kamal, Ridhima Wadhwa, Gautam Singhvi, Vamshikrishna Rapalli, Shakti Dhar Shukla, Madhur D.
Shastri, Gaurav Gupta, et al. 2019. “The Potential of siRNA Based Drug Delivery in Respiratory Disorders:
Recent Advances and Progress.” Drug Development Research 80 (6): 714–30.
5. Emeka, Izogo Ernest, and Ike-Elechi Ogba. 2015. “Service Quality, Customer Satisfaction and Loyalty in
Automobile Repair Services Sector.” International Journal of Quality & Reliability Management 32 (3): 250–
6. Ezhilarasan, Devaraj, Velluru S. Apoorva, and Nandhigam Ashok Vardhan. 2019. “Syzygium Cumini Extract
Induced Reactive Oxygen Species-Mediated Apoptosis in Human Oral Squamous Carcinoma Cells.” Journal
of Oral Pathology & Medicine: Official Publication of the International Association of Oral Pathologists and
the American Academy of Oral Pathology 48 (2): 115–21.
7. Furse, David H., Girish N. Punj, and David W. Stewart. 1984. “A Typology of Individual Search Strategies
Among Purchasers of New Automobiles.” The Journal of Consumer Research 10 (4): 417–31.
8. Jahanshahi, Asghar Afshar, Mohammad Ali Hajizadeh Gashti, Seyed Abbas Mirdamadi, Khaled Nawaser,
and Seyed Mohammad Sadeq Khaksar. 2011. “Study the Effects of Customer Service and Product Quality
on Customer Satisfaction and Loyalty.” International Journal of Humanities and Social Science 1 (7): 253–
9. Koskela, Heikki. 2002. “Customer Satisfaction and Loyalty in After Sales Service: Modes of Care.” In
Delivery. Helsinki University of Technology. Citeseer.
10. Krishnan, Raman, and Krishnan Vengadaragava Chary. 2015. “A Rare Case Modafinil Dependence.” Journal
of Pharmacology & Pharmacotherapeutics 6 (1): 49–50.
11. Malhotra, Gunjan, Abhishek Nandi, and Amitava Mukherjee. 2012. “An Empirical Research on Consumer
Behaviour towards Small Car Segment in Indian Market.” Business Perspectives and Research 1 (1): 37–46.
12. Manivannan, I., Ranganathan, S., Gopalakannan, S. et al. 2018. “Mechanical Properties and Tribological
Behavior of Al6061–SiC–Gr Self-Lubricating Hybrid Nanocomposites.” Trans Indian Inst Met 71: 1897–
13. Narayanan, Vinod, Ashok Ramadorai, Poornima Ravi, and Natarajan Nirvikalpa. 2012. “Transmasseteric
Anterior Parotid Approach for Condylar Fractures: Experience of 129 Cases.” The British Journal of Oral &
Maxillofacial Surgery 50 (5): 420–24.
14. Narayanan, V., R. Kannan, and K. Sreekumar. 2009. “Retromandibular Approach for Reduction and Fixation
of Mandibular Condylar Fractures: A Clinical Experience.” International Journal of Oral and Maxillofacial
William Robert. P et al / A study on customer satisfaction towards the after sales services in the context
of automobiles in Chennai
Journal of Contemporary Issues in Business and Government | Vol 26, Issue 2, 2020 1122
Surgery 38 (8): 835–39.
15. Nataraj, S., and N. Nagaraja. 2012. “Customer Satisfaction in Automobile Industry--an Indian Online Buyers’
Perspective of Car Manufacturers’ Websites.” International Journal of Multidisciplinary Research 2 (6): 92–
16. Neelakantan, P., S. John, S. Anand, N. Sureshbabu, and C. Subbarao. 2011. “Fluoride Release from a New
Glass-Ionomer Cement.” Operative Dentistry 36 (1): 80–85.
17. Neelakantan, Prasanna, and Subash Sharma. 2015. “Pain after Single-Visit Root Canal Treatment with Two
Single-File Systems Based on Different Kinematics--a Prospective Randomized Multicenter Clinical Study.”
Clinical Oral Investigations 19 (9): 2211–17.
18. Neelakantan, Prasanna, Chandana Subbarao, Subash Sharma, Chandragiri Venkata Subbarao, Franklin
Garcia-Godoy, and James L. Gutmann. 2013. “Effectiveness of Curcumin against Enterococcus Faecalis
Biofilm.” Acta Odontologica Scandinavica 71 (6): 1453–57.
19. Panchal, V., G. Jeevanandan, and E. M. G. Subramanian. 2019. “Comparison of Post-Operative Pain after
Root Canal Instrumentation with Hand K-Files, H-Files and Rotary Kedo-S Files in Primary Teeth: A
Randomised Clinical Trial.” European Archives of Paediatric Dentistry: Official Journal of the European
Academy of Paediatric Dentistry 20 (5): 467–72.
20. Poudel, Soniya. 2019. “Customer Satisfaction in Automobile Industry : A Case Study on Customer
Satisfaction on Automobile Industry in Nepal.” theseus.fi. https://www.theseus.fi/handle/10024/266752.
21. Prasanna, N., C. V. Subbarao, and J. L. Gutmann. 2011. “The Efficacy of Pre-Operative Oral Medication of
Lornoxicam and Diclofenac Potassium on the Success of Inferior Alveolar Nerve Block in Patients with
Irreversible Pulpitis: A Double-Blind, Randomised Controlled Clinical Trial.” International Endodontic
Journal 44 (4): 330–36.
22. Priya S, R., C. Krishnan, Justin Raj S, and Jerome Das}. 2009. “Growth and Characterization of NLO Active
Lithium Sulphate Monohydrate Single Crystals.” Crystal Research and Technology 44 (12): 1272–76`.
23. Rajeshkumar, S., Soumya Menon, S. Venkat Kumar, Murtaza M. Tambuwala, Hamid A. Bakshi, Meenu
Mehta, Saurabh Satija, et al. 2019. “Antibacterial and Antioxidant Potential of Biosynthesized Copper
Nanoparticles Mediated through Cissus Arnotiana Plant Extract.” Journal of Photochemistry and
Photobiology. B, Biology 197 (August): 111531.
24. Ramadurai, Neeraja, Deepa Gurunathan, A. Victor Samuel, Emg Subramanian, and Steven J. L. Rodrigues.
2019. “Effectiveness of 2% Articaine as an Anesthetic Agent in Children: Randomized Controlled Trial.”
Clinical Oral Investigations 23 (9): 3543–50.
25. Ramakrishnan, Mahesh, R. Dhanalakshmi, and E. M. G. Subramanian. 2019. “Survival Rate of Different
Fixed Posterior Space Maintainers Used in Paediatric Dentistry - A Systematic Review.” The Saudi Dental
Journal 31 (2): 165–72.
26. Ramesh, Asha, Sheeja Saji Varghese, Jayakumar Nadathur Doraiswamy, and Sankari Malaiappan. 2016.
“Herbs as an Antioxidant Arsenal for Periodontal Diseases.” Journal of Intercultural Ethnopharmacology 5
27. Saraswathi, S. 2008. “Customer Satisfaction on Post-Sales Service with Reference to Two-Wheeler
Automobile Industry.” ICFAI Journal of Consumer Behavior 3 (2).
28. Venugopalan, S., P. Ariga, P. Aggarwal, and A. Viswanath. 2014. “Magnetically Retained Silicone Facial
Prosthesis.” Nigerian Journal of Clinical Practice 17 (2): 260–64.
29. Voss, Glenn B., Andrea Godfrey, and Kathleen Seiders. 2010. “How Complementarity and Substitution Alter
the Customer Satisfaction–Repurchase Link.” Journal of Marketing 74 (6): 111–27.
30. Wang Jian-ling, Liu Si-feng, Wang Yuan-qi, and Xie Nai-ming. 2008. “Evaluation of Customer Satisfaction
in Automobile after-Sales Service Based on Grey Incidence Analysis.” In 2008 IEEE International
Conference on Systems, Man and Cybernetics, 2386–89.
31. Xu, Lu, Charles Blankson, and Victor Prybutok. 2017. “Relative Contributions of Product Quality and
Service Quality in the Automobile Industry.” Quality Management Journal 24 (1): 21–36.
32. Yadav, Santosh Kumar, and Dennis Joseph. 2017. “After-Sales Service Quality Satisfaction in Indian
Automobile Industry.” International Journal of Business Information Systems 26 (3): 362–77.
- Article View: 25
- PDF Download: 17