Management Strategy for Business Sustainability Under Macro Effects In An Econometric Model – Case of PKN Orlens in Oil and Gas Industry in Poland
Journal of Contemporary Issues in Business and Government,
2021, Volume 27, Issue 2, Pages 967-971
AbstractThe Poland economy has gained lots of achievements esp. in gas and oil industry during the 2014-2019 period and affected by Covid 19 and US-China trade war. Orlens group is a big gas and oil group operating in Central Europe countries such as Germany, Poland, Czech and Lithuania. This paper measures the revenue and EBITDA of a big gas and oil company, PKN Orlens in Poland, under impacts of macro indicators. As we experienced role of business management and sustainable development in gas and oil industry has been increasing with new perspectives in management, corporate governance models.In order to recommend for sustainable business development, this research paper aims to figure out how much effects in revenue from macro indicators of one of big listed Poland firms, PKN Orlens during the period 2014-2019 with semiannual data. Our findings show that revenue are affected much more by exchange rate and lending rate. It implies bank system policies and macro policies.
- Anand, L., Thenmozhi, M., & Varaija, N.(2018). Impact of Macroeconomic Factors on Cash Holdings?: A Dynamic Panel Model, Journal of Emerging Market Finance, vol.3..https://doi.org/10.1177/0972652717751536
- Arnes, S.K. (2014). 'Impact of Macroeconomic Indicators on Stock Market Performance: The Case of The Istanbul Stock Exchange', Master Thesis, Copenhagen Business School. Retrieved from:https://research-api.cbs.dk/ws/portalfiles/portal/58450158/sibel_arnes.pdf.
- Bohachova, O. (2008). 'The Impact of Macroeconomic Factors on Risks in the Banking Sector: A Cross-Country Empirical Assessment', IAW Discussion Papers 44, Institut für Angewandte Wirtschaftsforschung (IAW).
- Celebi, K., and Honig, M. (2019). 'The Impact of Macroeconomic Factors on the German Stock Market: Evidence for the Crisis, Pre- and Post-Crisis Periods', International Journal of Financial Studies, vol.7, no.18. doi:10.3390/ijfs7020018
- Ciftci, S. (2014). The influence of macroeconomic variables on stock performance, MBA thesis, University of Twente.
- Egbunike, C.F. and Okerekeoti, C.U. (2018). Macroeconomic factors, firm characteristics and financial performance: A study of selected quoted manufacturing firms in Nigeria, Asian Journal of Accounting Research, Vol. 3 No. 2, pp. 142-168. https://doi.org/10.1108/AJAR-09-2018-0029
- Huy, D.T.N. (2012). Estimating Beta of Viet Nam listed construction companies groups during the crisis, Journal of Integration and Development 15 (1), 57-71
- Huy, D. T.N., Loan, B. T., and Anh, P. T. (2020). 'Impact of selected factors on stock price: a case study of Vietcombank in Vietnam', Entrepreneurship and Sustainability Issues, vol.7, no.4, pp. 2715-2730. https://doi.org/10.9770/jesi.2020.7.4(10)
- Huy, D. T.N., Dat, P. M., và Anh, P. T. (2020). 'Building and econometric model of selected factors’ impact on stock price: a case study', Journal of Security and Sustainability Issues, vol.9(M), pp. 77-93. https://doi.org/10.9770/jssi.2020.9.M(7)
- Huy D.T.N., Nhan V.K., Bich N.T.N., Hong N.T.P., Chung N.T., Huy P.Q. (2021). 'Impacts of Internal and External Macroeconomic Factors on Firm Stock Price in an Expansion Econometric model—A Case in Vietnam Real Estate Industry', Data Science for Financial Econometrics-Studies in Computational Intelligence, vol.898, Springer. http://doi-org-443.webvpn.fjmu.edu.cn/10.1007/978-3-030-48853-6_14
- Jahangir, S.M.R., & Dural, B.Y. (2018). Crude oil, natural gas, and economic growth: impact and causality analysis in Caspian Sea region, International Journal of Management and Economics, vol.54, no.3. DOI: https://doi.org/10.2478/ijme-2018-0019
- Krishna, R.C. (2015). 'Macroeconomic Variables impact on Stock Prices in a BRIC Stock Markets: An Empirical Analysis, Journal of Stock & Forex Trading, vol.4, no.2. https://doi.org/10.4172/2168-9458.1000153
- Kulathunga, K. (2015). Macroeconomic Factors and Stock Market Development: With Special Reference to Colombo Stock Exchange, International Journal of Scientific and Research Publications, vol.5, no.8, pp. 1-7.
- Kumaresan, R. (2019). 'The Effects of Macroeconomics Factors towards the Starbucks Corporation', MPRA Paper No. 97243. Retrieved from:https://mpra.ub.uni-muenchen.de/97243/1/MPRA_paper_97243.pdf
- Mukhtarov, S., Aliyev, S., & Zeynalov, J. (2019). The Effect of Oil Prices on Macroeconomic Variables: Evidence from Azerbaijan, International Journal of Energy Economics and Policy, vol.10, no.1. DOI: 10.32479/ijeep.8446
- Ratti, R.A., & Vespignani, J.L. (2019). Oil prices and global factor macroeconomic variables, Energy Economics, vol. 59. https://doi.org/10.1016/j.eneco.2016.06.002
- Vatavu, S., Lobont, O.R., Para, I., & Pelin, A. (2018). Addressing oil price changes through business profitability in oil and gas industry in the United Kingdom, Plos One, vol.13, no.6. https://doi.org/10.1371/journal.pone.0199100
- Article View: 38
- PDF Download: 48