Enhancing financial risk managment in corporation – a case of some vietnam listed banks
Journal of Contemporary Issues in Business and Government,
2021, Volume 27, Issue 2, Pages 976-980
AbstractSaigon Hanoi bank (SHB) and Sacombank (STB) are two big listed banks who opened lots of branches and hold big market shares in Vietnam. This paper use quantitative and quantitative methods in order to estimate risks of these two banks and make comparison. Study findings show that market risk, beta CAPM of SHB bank higher than those of STB bank during pre-low (L) inflation stage, but lower during post low inflation time. Based on above results we can propose risk policies for banks, bank system, State bank and relevant agencies.
1. Eugene FF, French KR. (2004). The Capital Asset Pricing Model: Theory and Evidence, Journal of Economic Perspectives.
2. Gunarathna, V. (2016). How does Financial Leverage Affect Financial Risk? An Empirical Study in Sri Lanka, Amity Journal of Finance, 1(1), 57-66.
3. Gunaratha V. (2013). The Degree of Financial Leverage as a Determinant of Financial Risk: An Empirical Study of Colombo Stock Exchange in Sri Lanka, 2nd International Conference on Management and Economics Paper.
- Huy, D.T.N. (2012). Estimating Beta of Viet Nam listed construction companies groups during the crisis, Journal of Integration and Development, 15 (1), 57-71
- Huy, D. T.N., Loan, B. T., and Anh, P. T. (2020). 'Impact of selected factors on stock price: a case study of Vietcombank in Vietnam', Entrepreneurship and Sustainability Issues, vol.7, no.4, pp. 2715-2730. https://doi.org/10.9770/jesi.2020.7.4(10)
- Huy, D. T.N., Dat, P. M., và Anh, P. T. (2020). 'Building and econometric model of selected factors’ impact on stock price: a case study', Journal of Security and Sustainability Issues, vol.9(M), pp. 77-93. https://doi.org/10.9770/jssi.2020.9.M(7)
- Huy D.T.N., Nhan V.K., Bich N.T.N., Hong N.T.P., Chung N.T., Huy P.Q. (2021). 'Impacts of Internal and External Macroeconomic Factors on Firm Stock Price in an Expansion Econometric model—A Case in Vietnam Real Estate Industry', Data Science for Financial Econometrics-Studies in Computational Intelligence, vol.898, Springer. http://doi-org-443.webvpn.fjmu.edu.cn/10.1007/978-3-030-48853-6_14
- Kantos, C., & Bartolomeo, D.D. (2020). How the pandemic taught us to turn smart beta into real alpha, Journal of Asset Management , 21: 581–590
- Kayo, E.R., Martelanc, R., Brunaldi, E.O., & Silva, W.E. (2020). Capital asset pricing model, beta stability, and the pricing puzzle of electricity transmission in Brazil, Energy Policy, 142.
- Khan, A.A., Faisal, S.M., & Aboud, O.A.A. (2018). Estimating Beta (β) Values of Stocks in the Creation of Diversified Portfolio - A Detailed Study, Applied Economics and Finance, 5(3). DOI: 10.11114/aef.v5i3.3243
- Kumaresan, R. (2019). The Effects of Macroeconomics Factors towards the Starbucks Corporation;, MPRA Paper No. 97243. Retrieved from:https://mpra.ub.uni-muenchen.de/97243/1/MPRA_paper_97243.pdf
- Masood, O., Javaria, K., Petrenko, Y. 2020. Terrorism activities influence on financial stock markets: an empirical evidence from United Kingdom, India, France, Pakistan, Spain and America. Insights into Regional Development, 2(1), 443-455. https://doi.org/10.9770/IRD.2020.2.1(4)
- Milewicz, W. 2020. The influence of foreign investors on the development of Polish enterprises – a case study of the BPH bank. Enterpreneuship and Sustainability Issues 8(2), 829-839. http://doi.org/10.9770/jesi.2020.8.2(50)
- Nasr, A.K., Alaei, S., Bakhshi, F., Rasoulyan, F., Tayaran, H., Farahi, M. 2019. How enterprise risk management (erm) can affect on short-term and long-term firm performance: evidence from the Iranian banking system. Entrepreneurship and Sustainability Issues, 7(2), 1387-1403. http://doi.org/10.9770/jesi.2019.7.2(41)
- Nidar, S.R., Anwar, M., Komara, R., Layyinaturrobaniyah. 2020. Determinant of regional development bank efficiency for their sustainability issues. Entrepreneurship and Sustainability Issues, 8(1), 1133-1145. http://doi.org/10.9770/jesi.2020.8.1(76)
- Okpamen, H., & Ogbeide, S.O. (2020). Board director reputation capital and financial performance of listed firms in Nigeria. Insights into Regional Development. Insights into Regional Development, 2(4), 765-773. http://doi.org/10.9770/IRD.2020.2.4(3)
- Patro, D.K., Wald, J., & Wu, Y. (2002). 'The Impact of Macroeconomic and Financial Variables on Market Risk: Evidence from International Equity Returns', European Financial Management, 8(4):421 - 447. DOI: 10.1111/1468-036X.00198
- Tahmidi, A. Westlund, S.A., & Sheludchenko, D. (2011). The Effect of Macroeconomic Variables on Market Risk Premium, Working paper, Mälardalen University. Retrieved from: https://www.diva-portal.org/smash/get/diva2:429080/FULLTEXT01.pdf
- Article View: 116
- PDF Download: 91