Green Marketing Practices Prevailing In Hotel Industry
Journal of Contemporary Issues in Business and Government,
2021, Volume 27, Issue 2, Pages 1359-1364
AbstractHospitality industry has always the forerunner in its responsibility towards environment and has been recognized for greening efforts. It gives an added advantage in attracting global traveler and has been an appealing feature of this industry. The industry has taken green efforts in planning and design of green products, creating and delivering green services, distributed and priced the products and services without harming environment, created environment friendly infrastructure and reduced carbon emissions. This paper is an empirical study of green marketing practices the hospitality has adopted over a period of time and has explored the way green practices are communicated to consumers. The innovative techniques of emotional message and visual communication about environmental characteristics of hotels are investigated in the study.
- Ashrafi M (2014) Green Marketing in Hospitality Industry, Journal of Appl. Environ. Biol. Sci., 4(4)42-46, 2014
- Berezan, O., Raab, C., Yoo, M., & Love, C. (2013). Sustainable hotel practices and nationality: The impact on guest satisfaction and guest intention to return. International Journal of Hospitality Management, 34, 227-233
- Chan E.S.W. (2013) Managing green marketing: Hong Kong hotel managers’ perspective; International Journal of Hospitality Management 34, p. 442– 461
- Chen Y.C., Chen Y.T. (2012) The Advantages of Green Management for Hotel Competitiveness in Taiwan: In the Viewpoint of Senior Hotel Managers; Journal of Management and Sustainability; Vol. 2, No. 2, p. 211-218
- Gockeritz, S., Schultz, W., Rendon, T., Cialdini, R. Goldstein, N., &Griskevicius, V. (2009).
- Descriptive normative beliefs and conservation behavior: The moderating roles of personal involvement and injunctive normative beliefs. European Journal of Social Psychology, 40, 514-523
- Indian Tourism statistics at a glance (2019)
- Kim, S., Lee, K., &Fairhurst, A. (2017). The review of “green” research in hospitality, 2000-
- 2014: Current trends and future research directions. International Journal of
- Contemporary Hospitality Management, 29(1), 226-247.
- www.environmentalleader.com Analysis: Hotels Must Use Targeted Marketing to Attract Green Consumers (2012) Retrieved on 02/23/2014
- Xue, F., &Muralidharan, S. (2015). A Green picture is worth a thousand words? Effects of visual and textual environmental appeals in advertising and the moderating role of product involvement. Journal of Promotion Management, 21(1), 82-106
- Article View: 152
- PDF Download: 235