A Study of the Personality and Actions of Qays ibn Sa'd ibn Ubadah Ansari
Journal of Contemporary Issues in Business and Government,
2021, Volume 27, Issue 2, Pages 1381-1387
AbstractQays ibn Sa'd ibn Ubadah Ansari is one of the companions of the Prophet (PBUH) and one of the companions of Imam Ali (PBUH) and Imam Hassan (PBUH). There is no date for his birth, but according to current research, upon the entrance of the Prophet to Medina, he was as a teenager. During the time of the Prophet, he was honored by the titles of The Prophet's servant, the chief of police and the bearer of the flag of Ansar in some of the Ghazwa, indicating that he was closely associated with the Prophet. When Imam Ali became the caliphate, Qays was one of the first to swear allegiance to him and to provide the preparations for the Jamal war with Imam Ali and even later, he was as one of the major commanders of Siffin and Nahrawan. Imam Ali initially chose him as the governor of Egypt, but was later dismissed for some reason. Then, Qays was chosen by the Imam Ali as the chief commander of the city guards and then assigned to the Azerbaijan province. Qays ibn Sa'd was the first to pledge allegiance to Imam Hassan and eventually settled in Medina after the peace of Imam Hassan and died at the end of Muawiyah’s rule. The present study has investigated the role and impact of Qays ibn Sa'd on historical events of the Prophet's era and the era of Imam Ali and after them, using descriptive-analytical and historical resources. Our studies show that Qays and his family were the main pillars of Islam in the time of the Prophet and even after his death and in the time of Imam Ali. He has shown great interest in strengthening and consolidating Islam and has remained committed to his promise to the end.
- Ibn al-Athir, Ezzedin Abi al-Hasan, Ali bin Mohammad Jazari, Asad al-Ghaba fi al-Mihaba al-Sahaba, 1422 AH, Beirut, Dar al-Murraf.
- Alkamel fi al-Tarikh, Translated by: Seyyed Mohammad Hossein Rouhani, 2006, Mythology, Tehran.
- bn A'tham, Abu Muhammad Ahmad bin Ali, al-Fatouh, Translated by: Mohammad bin Ahmad Mostofi Heravi, Edited by Gholamreza Tabatabaei Majd, 1995, Tehran, Scientific and Cultural.
- Ibn Jawzi, Abi al-Faraj Abdul Rahman ibn Ali, al-Montazim fi al-Alam Walmuk, 1412 AH, Beirut.
- Ibn Hajar Asqalani, Ahmad bin Ali, al-Asaba fi demiz al-Sahaba, 1415 AH, Beirut, Dar al-Kutb al-Umayyah.
- Falsehood, Investigation: Mustafa Abdul Qader Atta, 1415 AH, Beirut, Dar al-Kutb al-Umayyah.
- Ibn Khayat al-Asfari, Caliph, History of Al-Khalifa, Research: Soheil Zakar, 1414 AH, Beirut, Dar al-Fakir.
- Ibn Saad, Mohammad, Al-Tabat al-Kubri, Translated by: Mahmoud Mahdavi Damghani, 1995, Tehran, Thought Culture.
- Ibn 'Abd al-Barab, Yusuf ibn Abdullah, al-Tha'i al-Tha'ar al-Ahab, 1412 AH, Beirut, Dar al-Jaleel.
- Ibn Qatibah Dinouri, Abdullah bin Muslim, Imamate and Politics, Translated by: Sayyid Nasser Tabatabai, 2001, Tehran, Phoenix.
- Ibn Kathir Damascus, Abi al-Fida al-Hafiz, al-Badaya and Al-Nayyah, 1428 AH, Beirut, Al-Ashqafi Al-Sharq Center.
- Ibn Hisham, Abu Mohammed Abdul Malik bin Hisham al-Mu'afari, Al-Sayyira al-Nawbiyyah, Inquiry: Muhammad Ali Qutb, Muhammad al-Elya Balhata, 1431 AH, Beirut, Al-Maktaba Al-Assariyah.
- Abolfazr Esfahani, Ali bin Hossein, Mutatal al-Talbin, Translated by: Hashem Rasouli Mahallati, 2008, Tehran, Office of Islamic Culture Publishing.
- Abu Hanifa Dinouri, Ahmad bin Daoud, Al-Tawal News, Translated by: Sadegh Nashat, 1346, Tehran, Iran Cultural Foundation.
- Abonaim Isfahani, Ahmad bin Abdullah, Mazar-e-Sahaba, 1422 AH, Beirut, Dar al-Kutb al-Umayyah.
- Al-Salehi al-Shami, Muhammad ibn Youssef, 1414, Sabal al-Hadi and al-Rashad al-Sirri Khair al-Abad, The Inquiry of Adel Ahmad Abdul Mujad and Ali Mohammed Muawaz, Volume Six, Beirut: Dar al-Akb al-Almai.
- Al-Bukhari, Abu Abdullah Muhammad bin Ismail, 1406, al-Tariqhi al-Sighir, Inquiry by Mahmoud Ibrahim Zayed, al-Taba'a al-Awli, Beirut Dar al-Mazar
- Amini, Abdul Hussein, Al-Ghadir, Translated by: Mohammad Taghi Vahedi, Ali Sheikholeslami, 2012, Tehran, Ba'ath Foundation.
- Bagheri Bidandandi, Nasser, 2000, Qays bin Sa'ad bin Abad (1), Farhang Kosar, No. 48
- Kafafi Kufi, Abu Ishaq Ibrahim bin Mohammed, 1994, Al-Gharat and its Announcement, Translated by Aziz Allah Atari, Tehran: Attar Publishing.
- A Collection of Authors, Encyclopedia of Companions of the Great Prophet (PBUH), 2012, Research Institute, Bagher Al-Alum.
- Khatib Khwarizmi, Hafiz Abolmoid Mohammad al-Bakri Maki Hanafi, Managhe Amir al-Momenin Ali (AS), Translated by: Seyyed Abolhassan Haghighi, 1996, Tehran, Samah.
- Rasooli Mahallati, Sayyed Hashem, 2012, The Life of Prophet Mohammad, Khatam Al-Nabeen, Tehran: Islamic Culture Publication Office
- Salim ibn Qays, The Book of Salim ibn Qays, Translated by: Ismail Ansari Zanjani Khoini, 2014, Qom, Our Reason.
- Suwati, Jalaluddin, The History of the Al-Khalafah, Investigated by Mahmoud Riyadh al-Halabi, 1420 AH, Beirut, Dar al-Mulberry.
- Tabari, Mohammad bin Jarir, History of Rasul and al-Muluk, Translated by: Abolghasem Payandeh, 1996, Tehran, Mythology.
- Tousi, Abu Ja'far Mohammad bin Hassan, Tarjul Authority of Al-Rijal Known as Rajjalashi, 1348, Mashhad University of Mashhad.
- -----------, Amali, Translated by: Sadegh Hassanzadeh, 2009, Qom, Andisheh Hadi.
- Adel, Haddad, Encyclopedia of the World of Islam, 2011, Tehran, Reference Book Artistic and Cultural Institute.
- Attar, Qays, Divan Qays bin Saad Ansari Translated by: Seyyed Morteza Mousavi Garmaroudi, 2000, Qom, reason.
- Kahala, Omar Reza, al-Arab al-Qadim and al-Haditha tribesmen, 1418 AH, Beirut, al-Rasala Institute.
- Masoudi, Abolhassan Ali bin Hussein, Proponents of Al-Dhahab and Al-Jawar Mines, Translated by: Abolghasem Payandeh, 1365, Tehran, Scientific and Cultural.
- Maghreb, Judge Naaman, Al-Akhbar's Commentary on the Faiths of Al-Aemah al-Zahar (AS), Volume 2, First Edition, Qom: Islamic Publications Office.
- Mofid, Mohammad bin al-Noman, al-Sharad at the charge of Hajjullah Ali al-Abad, Translated by: Seyyed Hashim Rasool Mahallati, 2010, Tehran, Office of Islamic Culture Publication.
- Madani, Ali Khan ibn Ahmad, 1983, Al-Darajat al-Rafie in the Shiite classes, Beirut: Al-Wafaء Institute
- Monagheri, Nasriban Mahmoud, Peykar Safin, Translated by: Parviz Atabaki, 1991, Tehran, Islamic Revolution Publications and Education.
- Mousavi Bojnourdi, Kazem, The Great Islamic Encyclopedia, 2004, The Center for the Great Islamic Encyclopedia.
- Mirsalim, Mustafa, 2011, Encyclopedia of the World of Islam, Volume 15, by the collective effort of the authors, Tehran: Islamic Encyclopedia Foundation
- Waghadi, Mohammad Bin Omar, Al-Maghazi, Translated by: Dr. Mahmoud Mahdavi Damghani, 1989, Tehran University Academic Publishing Center.
- Yaghoubi, Ahmad bin Isaac, History of Yaghoubi, Translated by: Mohammad Ibrahim Ayati, 2003, Tehran, Cultural Science.
- Article View: 91
- PDF Download: 48