Identification of Vocational Well-being Taxonomy For TVET Sustainable Growth: An initial review
Journal of Contemporary Issues in Business and Government,
2021, Volume 27, Issue 2, Pages 1433-1437
AbstractThe Industrial Revolution 4.0 (IR4.0) era has changed the working environments and the expertise of many professions rapidly. This 21st Century is a daunting period for all the workforce because it requires a new technical and soft skills suite. Thus, this study aims to identify the Vocational Wellbeing Taxonomy (VWT) for sustainable growth of Technical Vocational and Education Training (TVET). TVET has a significant role in achieving and supporting sustainable growth. Its institutions are the primary supplier of the workforce that will be at the forefront in dealing directly with sustainability issues. As the rates of fresh-grade unemployment increase, students are more mindful of engaging in the vocational stream to ensure the workplace's well-being. Bloom's taxonomy has been used in an educational context to identify educational goals, objectives, and outcomes since 1956. However, it does not fulfil the 'well-being' assessment criterion for highly skilled workers with technical expertise. The concepts of well-being are closely linked to human capital that could be translated into individual skills, as highlighted in TVET. Therefore, the identification of VWT is crucial to provide a framework for the determination of objectives and evaluating learning outcomes relevant to vocational education. In this study, the VWT domains are expecting to contribute to the worker's well-being for the sustainable growth of TVET. This initial study employed a thorough review of the relevant literature.
- Anderson, L.W., & Sosniak, L. A. (Eds.). (1994). Bloom's taxonomy: A forty-year retrospective. Ninety-third yearbook of the National Society for the Study of Education, Pt.2.Chicago, IL. University of Chicago Press.
- Anderson, L. W., & Krathwohl, D. R. (Eds.). (2001). A taxonomy for learning, teaching and assessing: A revision of Bloom's taxonomy of educational objectives: New York: Longman.
- Carbonell, L. (2004). Instructional development timeline: Learning theory. Retrieved from http://www.educationau.edu.au//archives/cp/.
- Dawi, A. H., Idris, I., Lambin, R., & Ibrahim, A. B. (2019). Preliminary Study on the Implementation of National Human Development Coaching in Malaysian Skills Diploma. International Journal of Academic Research in Business and Social Sciences, 9(9), 798–810.
- Department of Skills Development (2017). National Occupational Skills Standard (NOSS), National Human Development Coaching. Retrieved on 8th April 2020 from: https://www.dsd.gov.my/
- Department of Statistics of Malaysia, 2018. Employment and Salaries & Wages Statistics 2018. Retrieved on 8th April 2020 from: https://www.dosm.gov.my
- Diener, E., Lucas, R. E., & Oishi, S. (2002). Subjective well-being: The science of happiness and life satisfaction. Handbook of positive psychology, 2, 63-73.
- Ebel, R. L., & Frisbie, D. A. (1991). Essentials of educational measurement. (5th ed.). Englewood Cliffs, New Jersey: Prentice-Hall Inc.
- Hanapi, Z., Nordin, M. S., & Rus, R. C. (2014). Unemployment problem among graduates of technical field: Competencies of the graduates and quality of the education. Sains Humanika, 2(2).
- Haolader, F. A., Ali, M. R., & Foysol, K. M. (2015). The taxonomy for learning, teaching, and assessing: Current practices at polytechnics in Bangladesh and its effects on developing students' competences. International Journal for Research in Vocational Education and Training(IJRVET) Vol. 2, No. 2: 99-118.
- Huitt, W. (2011). Bloom et al. 's taxonomy of the cognitive domain. Educational Psychology Interactive. Valdosta, GA: Valdosta State University. Retrieved from http://www.edpsycinteractive.orang/topics/cogsys/bloom.html [pdf].
- Howarth, R. B. (2012). Sustainability, well-being, and economic growth. Minding Nature, 5(2), 32-39.
- Hole, Y., & Snehal, P. (2019). Challenges and solutions to the development of the tourism and hospitality industry in India. African Journal of Hospitality, Tourism and Leisure. 8 (3), 1-11
- Hole, Y., & Snehal, P. & Bhaskar, M. (2018). Service marketing and quality strategies. Periodicals of engineering and natural sciences,6 (1), 182-196.
- Hole, Y., & Snehal, P. (2019). The significance of pilgrimage tourism to sustainable development with special reference to the Indian context. African Journal of Hospitality, Tourism and Leisure. 8 (3), 1-11
- Jailani, M. Y., Siti, N. K. R., Faizal, A. N. Y., Maizam, A., Syahril, S., Marina, I. M., ... & Junita, S. (2017). Vocational pedagogy among technical vocational education and training teachers. In 2017 IEEE International Conference on Industrial Engineering and Engineering Management (IEEM), pp. 150-154.
- Komarek, J., Kastovsky, J., Mares, J., and Johansen, J. R. (2014). Taxonomic classification of cyanoprokaryotes (cyanobacterial genera), using a polyphasic approach. Preslia 86, 295–335.
- Labaree, D. P. (1997). Public goods, private goods: The American struggle over educational goals. American Educational Research Journal, 34 (1), 39-81.
- Lauglo, J. and Lillis, K. (1988). Vocationalizing Education an International Perspective. London: Pergamons Books Ltd, 1988.
- Marzano, R., & Kendall, J. (2007). The new taxonomy of educational objectives (2nd ed.). Thousand Oaks, CA: Corwin Press.
- McCallum, F., & Price, D. (2015). Well-being in education.
- Norhazizi, L.B., (2019). Pembangunan Taksonomi Vokasional Berdasarkan Teknik Delphi. (Doctoral dissertation, Universiti Pendidikan Sultan Idris).
- Okwelle P. C. (2013). Appraisal of theoretical models of psychomotor skills and applications to technical vocational education and training (tvet) system in Nigeria. Journal of Research and Development, 1, (6), 25-35.
- Oviawe, J. I. (2018). Revamping technical, vocational education and training through public-private partnerships for skill development. Makerere Journal of Higher Education, 10(1), 1-19.
- Oviawe, J. I., & Ehirheme, P. E. (2019). Sprouting Sustainable Industrial and Technological Workforce through Technical Vocational Education and Training in South-South, Nigeria. Journal of Vocational Education Studies, 2(2), 113-126. DOI: https://doi.org/10.12928/joves.v2i2.1192.
- Pavlova, M. (2008). Technology and vocational education for sustainable development: Empowering individuals for the future (Vol. 10). Springer Science & Business Media.
- Purcell, A. (2018). Basic Biology: An introduction. Basic Biology Limited. New Zealand ISBN Agency, National Library of New Zealand.
- Ramlee Mustapha. (2017). Skills Training and Vocational Education in Malaysia. In: Samuel M., Tee M., Symaco L. (eds) Education in Malaysia. Education in the Asia-Pacific Region: Issues, Concerns, and Prospects, vol 39. Springer, Singapore
- Rasul, M. S., Husain, M. Y., & Rauf, R. A. A. (2014). Kemahiran kebolehdapatan kerja: suatu keperluan pekerjaan. Penerbit Universiti Kebangsaan Malaysia.
- Rus, R. C., Yasin, R. M., Yunus, F. A. N., Rahim, M. B., & Ismail, I. M. (2015). Skilling for job: A grounded theory of vocational training at industrial training institutes of Malaysia. Procedia-Social and Behavioral Sciences, 204, 198-205.
- Sabran, R., & Abd Karim, N. K. (2020, March). Managing Pressuring Eco-System Influencing Media Workers' Well-Being in Malaysian Creative Industries. In the 2nd Social and Humaniora Research Symposium (SoRes 2019) (pp. 617-621). Atlantis Press.
- Saidani, M., Yannou, B., Leroy, Y., Cluzel, F., & Kendall, A. (2019). A taxonomy of circular economy indicators. Journal of Cleaner Production, 207, 542-559.
- Sfeatcu, R., Cernuşcă-Miţariu, M., Ionescu, C., Roman, M., Cernuşcă-Miţariu, S., Coldea, L., & Burcea, C. C. (2014). The concept of wellbeing in relation to health and quality of life. European Journal of Science and Theology, 10(4), 123-128.
- Shah, H., & Marks, N. (2004). A well-being manifesto for a flourishing society. London: The New Economics Foundation
- Smith, K.B. 2002. Typologies, taxonomies, and the benefits of policy classification. Policy Studies Journal, Sep. 2002.
- Sperber, M. (2005). 'How undergraduate education became college lite and a personal apology.' In Thomas C. Reeves. (2006). How do you know they are learning?: The importance of alignment in higher education. Int. J. Learning Technology, 2(4), 294-309.
- Toni. G. (2012). A quantitative content analysis of the common core state standards compared to Missouri's grade-level expectations using the revised Bloom's Taxonomy framework. Unpublished Doctoral dissertation, Education Faculty of Lindenwood University.
- UNESCO. (2011). Technical and Vocational Education and Training. http://www.unesco.orang/new/en/education/themes/education-building-bl. Retrieved on 10/7/2015.
- Winkel, F. W. (1987). Politie en voorkoming misdrijven: Effecten en neveneffecten van voorlichting (Doctoral dissertation, Mens en Recht).
- Yussof, I. & Yusoff, M. (2009). Pertumbuhan Ekonomi dan Kualiti Hidup Penduduk: ekonomi malaysia ke arah pembangunan seimbang. (61-75). UKM Bangi.
- Article View: 69
- PDF Download: 94