Management Solutions for Better Business Performance based on a Six Factor Model on VMD Stock Price – A Case in Medicine Industry in Vietnam
Journal of Contemporary Issues in Business and Government,
2021, Volume 27, Issue 2, Pages 1995-2000
AbstractWhat are macro effects on business performance indicators such as stock price in medicine sector and such firms such as Vimedimex (VMD) in Vietnam? Is it the time we propose better management model via analyzing business performance under macro factors effects?
This paper will use quantitative and qualitative analytical methods, such as synthesis and inductive, with OLS regression supported by Eviews.
First, we found that many macro factors have negative correlation with stock price of firm, VMD. Whereas Risk free rate (Rf) has positive correlation with stock price.
Next we discovered better business performance will be affected by better stock price management. Hence, management team need to predict effects from macro policies on their stock price as our suggested model.
We believe these findings could be used by companies and investors as a prediction of stock price management.
- Ahmad, N., & Ramzan, M. (2016). Stock Market Volatility and Macroeconomic Factor Volatility. International Journal of Research in Business Studies and Management, 3(7), 37-44.
- Arshad, Z., Ali, R.A., Yousaf, S., & Jamil, S. (2015). Determinants of Share Prices of listed Commercial Banks in Pakistan. IOSR Journal of Economics and Finance, 6(2), 56-64.
- Ayub, A., & Masih, M. (2013). Interest Rate, Exchange Rate, and Stock Prices of Islamic Banks: A Panel Data Analysis, MPRA Paper No. 58871.
- Cherif, R., & Hasanov, F. (2012). Public Debt Dynamics: The Effects of Austerity, Inflation, and Growth Shocks, IMF Working paper WP/12/230.
- Krishna, R.C. (2015). Macroeconomic Variables impact on Stock Prices in a BRIC Stock Markets: An Empirical Analysis. Journal of Stock & Forex Trading, 4(2), 1-7.
- Kulathunga, K. (2015). Macroeconomic Factors and Stock Market Development: With Special Reference to Colombo Stock Exchange. International Journal of Scientific and Research Publications, 5(8), 1-7.
- Jarrah, M.T., & Salim, N. (2016). The impact of macroeconomic factors on Saudi stock market (Tadawul) Prices. In Int'l Conf. on Advances in Big Data Analytics.
- Luthra, M., & Mahaan, S. (2014). Impact of Macro factors on BSE Bankex. International Journal of Current Research and Academic Review, 2(2), 179-186.
- Ndlovu, B., Faisa, F., Resatoglu, N.G., & Türsoy, T. (2018). The Impact Macroeconomic Variables on Stock Returns: A Case of the Johannesburg Stock Exchange. Romanian Statistical Review, (2), 88-104.
- Pan, Q., & Pan, M. (2014). The Impact of Macro Factors on the Profitability of China’s Commercial Banks in the Decade after WTO Accession. Open Journal of Social Sciences, 2(9), 64-69.
- Quy, V.T., & Loi, D.T.N. (2016). Macroeconomic factors and Stock Price – A Case of Real Estate Stocks on Ho Chi Minh Stock Exchange. Journal of Science Ho Chi Minh City Open University, 2(18), 63-75.
- Saeed, S., & Akhter, N. (2012). Impact of Macroeconomic Factors on Banking Index in Pakistan. Interdisciplinary Journal of Contemporary Research in Business, 4(6), 1200-1218.
- Article View: 53
- PDF Download: 32