Role of branding in Indian hospitals
Journal of Contemporary Issues in Business and Government,
2021, Volume 27, Issue 2, Pages 2142-2149
AbstractIndian hospitals are using branding to create a positive outlook about their services to outpatient. This in turn enhances outpatient confidence on the hospital, increases loyalty and chances for revisiting hospital. Branding also helps the hospital to stand out from competition. The whole branding activities will lead to increase in revenue. Among the hospitals, private hospitals are seen to adopt branding more. Messages reflecting brand communication can be seen on print media, electronic media, display boards inside hospital premises and hoardings. Branding influences some factors. Awareness of these factors will help hospitals to plan their branding activities better. Hospitals can focus on factors having influence from branding and can drop or reduce focus on factors that do not have influence by branding. The purpose of this study is to identifying factors that are influenced by branding. Data on the 13 factors is collected by an online questionnaire on 429 outpatients. Chi square test was performed to find the association of factor with hospital branding. 12 factors showed statistically significant association with branding indicating that branding does affect those 12 factors. The option having the highest frequency of respondents amongst 7 options was identified for all the 12 factors. This option is concluded as having the maximum influence by hospital branding. Only 1 factor did not show statistically significant association with hospital branding.
- Kumar PN, Jacob A, Thota S. Impact of healthcare marketing and branding on hospital services. International journal of research foundation of hospital healthcare administration. 2014;2(1);19-24
- Yuliani. Influences of Brand on Hospital Performance and Patient Behavioral Expectations. Journal ARSI/June 2019
- Khosravizadeh O, Vatankhah S, Maleki M. A systematic review of medical service branding: Essential approach to hospital sector. Ann Trop Med Public Health 2017;10:1137-46
- Vipin Jain and V K Sing. Influence of Healthcare Advertising and Branding on Hospital services, April 2019 Pravara Medical Review 11(1):19-21
- Kotler, P. (2011), "Philip Kotler's Contributions to Marketing Theory and Practice", Malhotra, N.K. (Ed.) Review of Marketing Research: Special Issue – Marketing Legends (Review of Marketing Research, Vol. 8), Emerald Group Publishing Limited, Bingley, pp. 87-120. https://doi.org/10.1108/S1548-6435(2011)0000008007
- Chahal, H. and Bala, M. (2012), "Significant components of service brand equity in healthcare sector", International Journal of Health Care Quality Assurance, Vol. 25 No. 4, pp. 343-362. https://doi.org/10.1108/09526861211221518
- Gombeski WR Jr, Claypool JO, Karpf M, et al. Hospital affiliations, co-branding, and consumer impact. Health Mark Q. 2014; 31(1):65-77. doi:10.1080/07359683.2014.874873
- B. Sirisha and Dr M. Kishore babu. Branding of hospitals – through tangible factors by selected hospitals. International Journal of Multidisciplinary Management Studies ISSN 2249- 8834 EIJMMS, Vol.4 (3), MARCH (2014) Online available at zenithresearch.org.in.
- Elrod, J. K., & Fortenberry, J. L., Jr (2018). Driving brand equity in health services organizations: the need for an expanded view of branding. BMC health services research, 18(Suppl 3), 924. https://doi.org/10.1186/s12913-018-3679-4
- Berkowitz E. Essentials of health care marketing. 4th ed. Burlington: Jones and Bartlett; 2017.
- Priscilla Teika Odoom, Bedman Narteh & Raphael Odoom (2019) Healthcare branding: Insights from Africa into health service customers’ repeat patronage intentions, International Journal of Healthcare Management, DOI: 10.1080/20479700.2019.1688503
- Lisa M. Sciulli and Tracey L. Missien (2015). Hospital service-line positioning and brand image: influences on service quality, patient satisfaction, and desired performance. Innovative Marketing , 11(2), 20-29
- Evans, W. D., Blitstein, J., Vallone, D., Post, S., & Nielsen, W. (2015). Systematic review of health branding: growth of a promising practice. Translational behavioral medicine, 5(1), 24–36. https://doi.org/10.1007/s13142-014-0272-1
- Evans WD, Holtz K, White T, Snider J. Effects of the above the influence brand on adolescent drug use prevention normative beliefs. Journal Health Communications. 2014; 19(6):721-737. doi:10.1080/10810730.2013.837559
- Annamaria Esposito (2017) Hospital branding in Italy: A pilot study Dalaki F, Esmaeilpour M, Bahrainizad M. Explaining Factors Affecting Brand Image of Hospital with the Emphasis on Branding in Health Services Marketing; Case Study of Salman-e Farsi Hospital in Bushehr . hrjbaq. 2019; 4 (2) :63-71 URL: http://hrjbaq.ir/article-1-285-en.html
- Shriedeh, Fayez & Abdghani, Noor Hasmini. (2016). Impact of Customer Relationship Management on Brand Equity: Medical Tourist Perspective. Research Journal of Business Management. 11. 28-38. 10.3923/rjbm.2017.28.38.
- Dr. Anasica S, Mrs. Sweta Batra. (2020). Analysing the Factors Involved In Risk Management in a Business. International Journal of New Practices in Management and Engineering, 9(03), 05 - 10. https://doi.org/10.17762/ijnpme.v9i03.89
- Khodadad Hosseini SH, Behboudi L. Brand trust and image: effects on customer satisfaction. International journal Health Care Quality Assurance. 2017;30(7):580-590. doi:10.1108/IJHCQA-04-2016-0054
- Sahoo D, Ghosh T. Healthscape role towards customer satisfaction in private healthcare. International Journal Health Care Quality Assurance. 2016;29(6):600-613. doi:10.1108/IJHCQA-05-2015-0068
- Farideh Dalaki, Majid Esmaeilpour and Manijeh Bahrainizad. Explaining Factors Affecting Brand Image of Hospital with the Emphasis on Branding in Health Services Marketing; A Case Study on Salman Farsi Hospital in Bushehr. Health Research Journal, Volume 4, Issue 2, Winter 2019
- Article View: 41
- PDF Download: 29