Awareness About Nanoparticle Based Dental Materials
Journal of Contemporary Issues in Business and Government,
2020, Volume 26, Issue 2, Pages 1453-1462
AbstractNanotechnology is the science and technology which brought revolution in the field of medical settings. The extreme small size allows for homogenous deposition leading to a longer future. The nanotech is based on the size of the object, that is less than . They are either spherical or irregular. Spherical is mostly used because they are extremely homogeneous, henceforth for a longer duration. This provides a working friendly environment. The aim of the study is to create awareness on nano technology in dental restorations. A questionnaire of 15 selective questions were made and circulated among dental students and practitioners. They were asked to fill in. The data was then collected and statistics were done using SPSS. The graphs were drawn and analyzed. The total 100 responses were taken, the data was analysed in SPSS by drawing graphs and piecharts. When comparing the awareness of nanoparticle based dental materials with gender, it was shown that females had a higher level of awareness when compared with males, but (p= 0.858), which was statistically insignificant. Most of the people were aware of nanoparticles and their applications. The reports concluded that the students and the dental practitioners are moderately aware of nanotechnology in dentistry.
- Ariga P, Nallaswamy D, Jain AR, Ganapathy DM. Determination of Correlation of Width of Maxillary Anterior Teeth using Extraoral and Intraoral Factors in Indian Population: A Systematic Review [Internet]. Vol. 9, World Journal of Dentistry. 2018. p. 68–75. Available from: http://dx.doi.org/10.5005/jp-journals-10015-1509
- Jyothi S, Robin PK, Ganapathy D, Anandiselvaraj. Periodontal Health Status of Three Different Groups Wearing Temporary Partial Denture [Internet]. Vol. 10, Research Journal of Pharmacy and Technology. 2017. p. 4339. Available from: http://dx.doi.org/10.5958/0974-360x.2017.00795.8
- Duraisamy R, Krishnan CS, Ramasubramanian H, Sampathkumar J, Mariappan S, Navarasampatti Sivaprakasam A. Compatibility of Nonoriginal Abutments With Implants: Evaluation of Microgap at the Implant-Abutment Interface, With Original and Nonoriginal Abutments. Implant Dent. 2019 Jun;28(3):289–95.
- Selvan SR, Ganapathy D. Efficacy of fifth generation cephalosporins against methicillin-resistant Staphylococcus aureus-A review [Internet]. Vol. 9, Research Journal of Pharmacy and Technology. 2016. p. 1815. Available from: http://dx.doi.org/10.5958/0974-360x.2016.00369.3
- Ganapathy D, Sathyamoorthy A, Ranganathan H, Murthykumar K. Effect of Resin Bonded Luting Agents Influencing Marginal Discrepancy in All Ceramic Complete Veneer Crowns. J Clin Diagn Res. 2016 Dec;10(12):ZC67–70.
- Subasree S, Murthykumar K, Dhanraj. Effect of Aloe Vera in Oral Health-A Review [Internet]. Vol. 9, Research Journal of Pharmacy and Technology. 2016. p. 609. Available from: http://dx.doi.org/10.5958/0974-360x.2016.00116.5
- Jain A, Ranganathan H, Ganapathy D. Cervical and incisal marginal discrepancy in ceramic laminate veneering materials: A SEM analysis [Internet]. Vol. 8, Contemporary Clinical Dentistry. 2017. p. 272. Available from: http://dx.doi.org/10.4103/ccd.ccd_156_17
- Vijayalakshmi B, Ganapathy D. Medical management of cellulitis [Internet]. Vol. 9, Research Journal of Pharmacy and Technology. 2016. p. 2067. Available from: http://dx.doi.org/10.5958/0974-360x.2016.00422.4
- Ganapathy DM, Kannan A, Venugopalan S. Effect of Coated Surfaces influencing Screw Loosening in Implants: A Systematic Review and Meta-analysis [Internet]. Vol. 8, World Journal of Dentistry. 2017. p. 496–502. Available from: http://dx.doi.org/10.5005/jp-journals-10015-1493
- Ashok V, Nallaswamy D, Benazir Begum S, Nesappan T. Lip Bumper Prosthesis for an Acromegaly Patient: A Clinical Report [Internet]. Vol. 14, The Journal of Indian Prosthodontic Society. 2014. p. 279–82. Available from: http://dx.doi.org/10.1007/s13191-013-0339-6
- Venugopalan S, Ariga P, Aggarwal P, Viswanath A. Magnetically retained silicone facial prosthesis. Niger J Clin Pract. 2014 Mar;17(2):260–4.
- Kannan A, Venugopalan S. A systematic review on the effect of use of impregnated retraction cords on gingiva [Internet]. Vol. 11, Research Journal of Pharmacy and Technology. 2018. p. 2121. Available from: http://dx.doi.org/10.5958/0974-360x.2018.00393.1
- Basha FYS, Ganapathy D, Venugopalan S. Oral Hygiene Status among Pregnant Women [Internet]. Vol. 11, Research Journal of Pharmacy and Technology. 2018. p. 3099. Available from: http://dx.doi.org/10.5958/0974-360x.2018.00569.3
- Ajay R, Suma K, Ali S, Sivakumar JK, Rakshagan V, Devaki V, et al. Effect of surface modifications on the retention of cement-retained implant crowns under fatigue loads: An In vitro study [Internet]. Vol. 9, Journal of Pharmacy And Bioallied Sciences. 2017. p. 154. Available from: http://dx.doi.org/10.4103/jpbs.jpbs_146_17
- Ashok V, Suvitha S. Awareness of all ceramic restoration in rural population [Internet]. Vol. 9, Research Journal of Pharmacy and Technology. 2016. p. 1691. Available from: http://dx.doi.org/10.5958/0974-360x.2016.00340.1
- P SN. Nanotechnology In Dentistry - What Does The Future Hold In Store? [Internet]. Vol. 04, Dentistry. 2014. Available from: http://dx.doi.org/10.4172/2161-1122.1000198
- Panchbhai A. Nanotechnology in dentistry [Internet]. Applications of Nanocomposite Materials in Dentistry. 2019. p. 191–203. Available from: http://dx.doi.org/10.1016/b978-0-12-813742-0.00012-2
- Saunders, Saunders. Current practicality of nanotechnology in dentistry. Part 1: Focus on nanocomposite restoratives and biomimetics [Internet]. Clinical, Cosmetic and Investigational Dentistry. 2009. p. 47. Available from: http://dx.doi.org/10.2147/cciden.s7722
- Ogle OE, Byles N. Nanotechnology in Dentistry Today [Internet]. West Indian Medical Journal. 2014. Available from: http://dx.doi.org/10.7727/wimj.2013.178
- Saunders S. Current practicality of nanotechnology in dentistry. Part 1: Focus on nanocomposite restoratives and biomimetics [Internet]. Vol. 1, Clinical, Cosmetic and Investigational Dentistry. 2009. p. 47–61. Available from: http://dx.doi.org/10.2147/ccide.s7722
- Gupta J. Nanotechnology applications in medicine and dentistry [Internet]. Vol. 2, Journal of Investigative and Clinical Dentistry. 2011. p. 81–8. Available from: http://dx.doi.org/10.1111/j.2041-1626.2011.00046.x
- Subramani K, Ahmed W. Nanotechnology and the Future of Dentistry [Internet]. Emerging Nanotechnologies in Dentistry. 2012. p. 1–14. Available from: http://dx.doi.org/10.1016/b978-1-4557-7862-1.00001-8
- El-Bialy T. Nanotechnology in Orthodontics–2 [Internet]. Nanobiomaterials in Clinical Dentistry. 2013. p. 249–57. Available from: http://dx.doi.org/10.1016/b978-1-4557-3127-5.00012-x
- The Application in Dentistry Nanorobotics [Internet]. Vol. 1, Journal of Bioelectronics and Nanotechnology. 2016. Available from: http://dx.doi.org/10.13188/2475-224x.1000005
- Subramani K, Elhissi A, Subbiah U, Ahmed W. Introduction to nanotechnology [Internet]. Nanobiomaterials in Clinical Dentistry. 2019. p. 3–18. Available from: http://dx.doi.org/10.1016/b978-0-12-815886-9.00001-2
- Yin IX, Zhang J, Zhao IS, Mei ML, Li Q, Chu CH. The Antibacterial Mechanism of Silver Nanoparticles and Its Application in Dentistry. Int J Nanomedicine. 2020 Apr 17;15:2555–62.
- Mitsiadis TA, Orsini G. Regenerative Dentistry Using Stem Cells and Nanotechnology [Internet]. Nanoscience and Nanotechnology for Human Health. 2016. p. 263–92. Available from: http://dx.doi.org/10.1002/9783527692057.ch13
- Kanaparthy R, Kanaparthy R. The changing face of dentistry: nanotechnology [Internet]. International Journal of Nanomedicine. 2011. p. 2799. Available from: http://dx.doi.org/10.2147/ijn.s24353
- Subramani K, Ahmed W. Emerging Nanotechnologies in Dentistry: Materials, Processes, and Applications. William Andrew; 2012. 410 p.
- Grumezescu A. Nanobiomaterials in Dentistry: Applications of Nanobiomaterials. William Andrew; 2016. 498 p.
- Asiri AM, Inamuddin D, Mohammad A. Applications of Nanocomposite Materials in Dentistry. Woodhead Publishing; 2018. 364 p.
- Van de Voorde M. Nanoscience and Nanotechnology: Advances and Developments in Nano-sized Materials. Walter de Gruyter GmbH & Co KG; 2018. 376 p.
- Article View: 2
- PDF Download: 4