Cooperation in Controlling the Spread of Covid -19. A Community Level Survey
Journal of Contemporary Issues in Business and Government,
2020, Volume 26, Issue 2, Pages 1524-1538
AbstractIntroduction: Coronavirus disease (COVID-19) is an infectious disease caused by a newly discovered virus. Most people infected with the COVID-19 virus will experience mild to moderate respiratory illness and recover without requiring special treatment. Older people and those with underlying medical problems like cardiovascular disease, diabetes, chronic respiratory disease, and cancer are more likely to develop serious illness. The best way to prevent and slow down transmission is by taking precautions that would block the transmission route. At this time, there are no specific vaccines or treatments for COVID 19. Thus, this survey to understand the community-level cooperation in controlling the spread of corona is very important.
Materials and Methods: A survey was conducted among 234 residents of the community. They were given a questionnaire to assess the community level cooperation . They were given a questionnaire consisting of 25 questions through google forms. The responses were collected and were statistically analyzed through SPSS software.
Results: This survey revealed that 87.2% are aware of social distancing and 64.1% practice social distancing regularly .89.7% said they wash their hands regularly with soap and 54.7% use disinfectant to clean the vegetables brought from the market. 65% regularly use a face mask for their protection.Through this survey it is found that there is awareness of the risk of acquiring the infection but the safety measures are not strictly followed.
- Anand, K. et al. (2003) ‘Coronavirus main proteinase (3CLpro) structure: basis for design of anti-SARS drugs’, Science, 300(5626), pp. 1763–1767. doi: 10.1126/science.1085658.
- Ashwin, K. S. and Muralidharan, N. P. (2015) ‘Vancomycin-resistant enterococcus (VRE) vs Methicillin-resistant Staphylococcus Aureus (MRSA)’, Indian journal of medical microbiology, 33 Suppl, pp. 166–167. doi: 10.4103/0255-0857.150976.
- Chandrasekar, R. et al. (2020) ‘Development and validation of a formula for objective assessment of cervical vertebral bone age’, Progress in orthodontics, 21(1), p. 38. doi: 10.1186/s40510-020-00338-0.
- Deogade, S., Gupta, P. and Ariga, P. (2018) ‘Effect of monopoly-coating agent on the surface roughness of a tissue conditioner subjected to cleansing and disinfection: A Contact Profilometric In vitro study’, Contemporary Clinical Dentistry, p. 122. doi: 10.4103/ccd.ccd_112_18.
- Dua, K. et al. (2019) ‘The potential of siRNA based drug delivery in respiratory disorders: Recent advances and progress’, Drug development research, 80(6), pp. 714–730. doi: 10.1002/ddr.21571.
- Duraisamy, R. et al. (2019) ‘Compatibility of Nonoriginal Abutments With Implants: Evaluation of Microgap at the Implant-Abutment Interface, With Original and Nonoriginal Abutments’, Implant dentistry, 28(3), pp. 289–295. doi: 10.1097/ID.0000000000000885.
- Ezhilarasan, D. (2018) ‘Oxidative stress is bane in chronic liver diseases: Clinical and experimental perspective’, Arab journal of gastroenterology: the official publication of the Pan-Arab Association of Gastroenterology, 19(2), pp. 56–64. doi: 10.1016/j.ajg.2018.03.002.
- Ezhilarasan, D., Apoorva, V. S. and Ashok Vardhan, N. (2019) ‘Syzygium cumini extract induced reactive oxygen species-mediated apoptosis in human oral squamous carcinoma cells’, Journal of oral pathology & medicine: official publication of the International Association of Oral Pathologists and the American Academy of Oral Pathology, 48(2), pp. 115–121. doi: 10.1111/jop.12806.
- Ezhilarasan, D., Sokal, E. and Najimi, M. (2018) ‘Hepatic fibrosis: It is time to go with hepatic stellate cell-specific therapeutic targets’, Hepatobiliary & pancreatic diseases international: HBPD INT, 17(3), pp. 192–197. doi: 10.1016/j.hbpd.2018.04.003.
- Gheena, S. and Ezhilarasan, D. (2019) ‘Syringic acid triggers reactive oxygen species-mediated cytotoxicity in HepG2 cells’, Human & experimental toxicology, 38(6), pp. 694–702. doi: 10.1177/0960327119839173.
- Girija, A. S. S. et al. (2019) ‘Plasmid-encoded resistance to trimethoprim/sulfamethoxazole mediated by dfrA1, dfrA5, sul1 and sul2 among Acinetobacter baumannii isolated from urine samples of patients with severe urinary tract infection’, Journal of Global Antimicrobial Resistance, pp. 145–146. doi: 10.1016/j.jgar.2019.04.001.
- Girija As, S. and Priyadharsini J, V. (2019) ‘CLSI based antibiogram profile and the detection of MDR and XDR strains of isolated from urine samples’, Medical journal of the Islamic Republic of Iran, 33, p. 3. doi: 10.34171/mjiri.33.3.
- Girija, S. A. S., Jayaseelan, V. P. and Arumugam, P. (2018) ‘Prevalence of VIM- and GIM-producing Acinetobacter baumannii from patients with severe urinary tract infection’, Acta Microbiologica et Immunologica Hungarica, pp. 539–550. doi: 10.1556/030.65.2018.038.
- Gomathi, A. C. et al. (2020) ‘Anticancer activity of silver nanoparticles synthesized using aqueous fruit shell extract of Tamarindus indica on MCF-7 human breast cancer cell line’, Journal of Drug Delivery Science and Technology, p. 101376. doi: 10.1016/j.jddst.2019.101376.
- Hultstöm, M., von Seth, M. and Frithiof, R. (2020) ‘Hyperreninemia and low total body water may contribute to acute kidney injury in corona virus disease 2019 patients in intensive care’, Journal of hypertension. doi: 10.1097/HJH.0000000000002531.
- Jeevanandan, G. and Govindaraju, L. (2018) ‘Clinical comparison of Kedo-S paediatric rotary files vs manual instrumentation for root canal preparation in primary molars: a double blinded randomised clinical trial’, European Archives of Paediatric Dentistry, pp. 273–278. doi: 10.1007/s40368-018-0356-6.
- J, P. C. et al. (2018) ‘Prevalence and measurement of anterior loop of the mandibular canal using CBCT: A cross sectional study’, Clinical implant dentistry and related research, 20(4), pp. 531–534. doi: 10.1111/cid.12609.
- Kuhar, H. N. et al. (2020) ‘Otolaryngology in the Time of Corona: Assessing Operative Impact and Risk During the COVID-19 Crisis’, Otolaryngology--head and neck surgery: official journal of American Academy of Otolaryngology-Head and Neck Surgery, p. 194599820930214. doi: 10.1177/0194599820930214.
- Levy, G. A. and Talbot, P. J. (2012) Corona- and Related Viruses: Current Concepts in Molecular Biology and Pathogenesis. Springer Science & Business Media. Available at: https://play.google.com/store/books/details?id=K2YECAAAQBAJ.
- Liu, X. et al. (2020) ‘Prediction of the severity of Corona Virus Disease 2019 and its adverse clinical outcomes’, Japanese journal of infectious diseases. doi: 10.7883/yoken.JJID.2020.194.
- Malli Sureshbabu, N. et al. (2019) ‘Concentrated Growth Factors as an Ingenious Biomaterial in Regeneration of Bony Defects after Periapical Surgery: A Report of Two Cases’, Case reports in dentistry, 2019, p. 7046203. doi: 10.1155/2019/7046203.
- Marickar, R. F., Geetha, R. V. and Neelakantan, P. (2014) ‘Efficacy of Contemporary and Novel Intracanal Medicaments againstEnterococcus Faecalis’, Journal of Clinical Pediatric Dentistry, pp. 47–50. doi: 10.17796/jcpd.39.1.wmw9768314h56666.
- Mathew, M. G. et al. (2020) ‘Evaluation of adhesion of Streptococcus mutans, plaque accumulation on zirconia and stainless steel crowns, and surrounding gingival inflammation in primary molars: Randomized controlled trial’, Clinical oral investigations, pp. 1–6. Available at: https://link.springer.com/article/10.1007/s00784-020-03204-9.
- Mehta, M. et al. (2019) ‘Oligonucleotide therapy: An emerging focus area for drug delivery in chronic inflammatory respiratory diseases’, Chemico-biological interactions, 308, pp. 206–215. doi: 10.1016/j.cbi.2019.05.028.
- Menon, S. et al. (2018) ‘Selenium nanoparticles: A potent chemotherapeutic agent and an elucidation of its mechanism’, Colloids and Surfaces B: Biointerfaces, pp. 280–292. doi: 10.1016/j.colsurfb.2018.06.006.
- M, M. A., Geetha, R. V. and Thangavelu, L. (2019) ‘Evaluation oEvaluation of anti-inflammatory action of Laurus nobilis-an in vitro studyf anti-inflammatory action of Laurus nobilis-an in vitro study’, International Journal of Research in Pharmaceutical Sciences, pp. 1209–1213. doi: 10.26452/ijrps.v10i2.408.
- Panchal, V., Jeevanandan, G. and Subramanian, E. M. G. (2019) ‘Comparison of post-operative pain after root canal instrumentation with hand K-files, H-files and rotary Kedo-S files in primary teeth: a randomised clinical trial’, European archives of paediatric dentistry: official journal of the European Academy of Paediatric Dentistry, 20(5), pp. 467–472. doi: 10.1007/s40368-019-00429-5.
- Paramasivam, A., Vijayashree Priyadharsini, J. and Raghunandhakumar, S. (2020) ‘N6-adenosine methylation (m6A): a promising new molecular target in hypertension and cardiovascular diseases’, Hypertension research: official journal of the Japanese Society of Hypertension, 43(2), pp. 153–154. doi: 10.1038/s41440-019-0338-z.
- Pc, J., Marimuthu, T. and Devadoss, P. (2018) ‘Prevalence and measurement of anterior loop of the mandibular canal using CBCT: A cross sectional study’, Clinical implant dentistry and related research. Available at: https://europepmc.org/article/med/29624863.
- Prabakar, J. et al. (2018) ‘Comparative Evaluation of Retention, Cariostatic Effect and Discoloration of Conventional and Hydrophilic Sealants - A Single Blinded Randomized Split Mouth Clinical Trial’, Contemporary clinical dentistry, 9(Suppl 2), pp. S233–S239. doi: 10.4103/ccd.ccd_132_18.
- Pratha, A. A., Ashwatha Pratha, A. and Geetha, R. V. (2017) ‘Awareness on Hepatitis-B vaccination among dental students-A Questionnaire Survey’, Research Journal of Pharmacy and Technology, p. 1360. doi: 10.5958/0974-360x.2017.00240.2.
- Priyadharsini, J. V. et al. (2018) ‘An insight into the emergence of Acinetobacter baumannii as an oro-dental pathogen and its drug resistance gene profile – An in silico approach’, Heliyon, p. e01051. doi: 10.1016/j.heliyon.2018.e01051.
- Quadri, M. F. A. et al. (2020) ‘Novel corona virus disease (COVID-19) awareness among the dental interns, dental auxiliaries and dental specialists in Saudi Arabia: A nationwide study’, Journal of infection and public health. doi: 10.1016/j.jiph.2020.05.010.
- Rajendran, R. et al. (2019) ‘Comparative Evaluation of Remineralizing Potential of a Paste Containing Bioactive Glass and a Topical Cream Containing Casein Phosphopeptide-Amorphous Calcium Phosphate: An in Vitro Study’, Pesquisa Brasileira em Odontopediatria e Clínica Integrada, pp. 1–10. doi: 10.4034/pboci.2019.191.61.
- Rajeshkumar, S. et al. (2018) ‘Biosynthesis of zinc oxide nanoparticles usingMangifera indica leaves and evaluation of their antioxidant and cytotoxic properties in lung cancer (A549) cells’, Enzyme and microbial technology, 117, pp. 91–95. doi: 10.1016/j.enzmictec.2018.06.009.
- Rajeshkumar, S. et al. (2019) ‘Antibacterial and antioxidant potential of biosynthesized copper nanoparticles mediated through Cissus arnotiana plant extract’, Journal of photochemistry and photobiology. B, Biology, 197, p. 111531. doi: 10.1016/j.jphotobiol.2019.111531.
- Ramadurai, N. et al. (2019) ‘Effectiveness of 2% Articaine as an anesthetic agent in children: randomized controlled trial’, Clinical oral investigations, 23(9), pp. 3543–3550. doi: 10.1007/s00784-018-2775-5.
- Ramakrishnan, M., Dhanalakshmi, R. and Subramanian, E. M. G. (2019) ‘Survival rate of different fixed posterior space maintainers used in Paediatric Dentistry - A systematic review’, The Saudi dental journal, 31(2), pp. 165–172. doi: 10.1016/j.sdentj.2019.02.037.
- Ramesh, A. et al. (2018) ‘Comparative estimation of sulfiredoxin levels between chronic periodontitis and healthy patients - A case-control study’, Journal of periodontology, 89(10), pp. 1241–1248. doi: 10.1002/JPER.17-0445.
- Renuka, R., Ramamurthy, S. and Muralidharan, K. (1998) ‘Effect of citrate, tartrate and gluconate ions on the behaviour of zinc in 3 M NaOH’, Journal of Power Sources, pp. 197–209. doi: 10.1016/s0378-7753(98)00166-9.
- R, H. et al. (2020) ‘CYP2 C9 polymorphism among patients with oral squamous cell carcinoma and its role in altering the metabolism of benzo[a]pyrene’, Oral Surgery, Oral Medicine, Oral Pathology and Oral Radiology, pp. 306–312. doi: 10.1016/j.oooo.2020.06.021.
- Samuel, S. R. (2021) ‘Can 5-year-olds sensibly self-report the impact of developmental enamel defects on their quality of life?’, International journal of paediatric dentistry / the British Paedodontic Society [and] the International Association of Dentistry for Children, 31(2), pp. 285–286. doi: 10.1111/ipd.12662.
- Samuel, S. R., Acharya, S. and Rao, J. C. (2020) ‘School Interventions-based Prevention of Early-Childhood Caries among 3-5-year-old children from very low socioeconomic status: Two-year randomized trial’, Journal of public health dentistry, 80(1), pp. 51–60. doi: 10.1111/jphd.12348.
- Selvakumar, R. and Np, M. (2017) ‘COMPARISON IN BENEFITS OF HERBAL MOUTHWASHES WITH CHLORHEXIDINE MOUTHWASH: A REVIEW’, Asian Journal of Pharmaceutical and Clinical Research, p. 3. doi: 10.22159/ajpcr.2017.v10i2.13304.
- Shahana, R. Y. and Muralidharan, N. P. (2016) ‘Efficacy of mouth rinse in maintaining oral health of patients attending orthodontic clinics’, Research Journal of Pharmacy and Technology, p. 1991. doi: 10.5958/0974-360x.2016.00406.6.
- Sharma, P. et al. (2019) ‘Emerging trends in the novel drug delivery approaches for the treatment of lung cancer’, Chemico-biological interactions, 309, p. 108720. doi: 10.1016/j.cbi.2019.06.033.
- Smiline, A., Vijayashree, J. P. and Paramasivam, A. (2018) ‘Molecular characterization of plasmid-encoded blaTEM, blaSHV and blaCTX-M among extended spectrum β-lactamases [ESBLs] producing Acinetobacter baumannii’, British journal of biomedical science, 75(4), pp. 200–202. doi: 10.1080/09674845.2018.1492207.
- Sohaib Shahzan, M., Smiline Girija, A. S. and Vijayashree Priyadharsini, J. (2019) ‘A computational study targeting the mutated L321F of ERG11 gene in C. albicans, associated with fluconazole resistance with bioactive compounds from Acacianilotica’, Journal de mycologie medicale, 29(4), pp. 303–309. doi: 10.1016/j.mycmed.2019.100899.
- Sridharan, G. et al. (2019) ‘Evaluation of salivary metabolomics in oral leukoplakia and oral squamous cell carcinoma’, Journal of oral pathology & medicine: official publication of the International Association of Oral Pathologists and the American Academy of Oral Pathology, 48(4), pp. 299–306. doi: 10.1111/jop.12835.
- Vaishali, G. M. and Geetha, R. V. (2015) ‘The Superbug Threat’, Research Journal of Pharmacy and Technology, p. 343. doi: 10.5958/0974-360x.2015.00057.8.
- Vaishali, M. and Geetha, R. V. (2018) ‘Antibacterial activity of Orange peel oil on Streptococcus mutans and Enterococcus-An In-vitro study’, Research Journal of Pharmacy and Technology, p. 513. doi: 10.5958/0974-360x.2018.00094.x.
- Varghese, S. S., Ramesh, A. and Veeraiyan, D. N. (2019) ‘Blended Module-Based Teaching in Biostatistics and Research Methodology: A Retrospective Study with Postgraduate Dental Students’, Journal of dental education, 83(4), pp. 445–450. doi: 10.21815/JDE.019.054.
- Vijayashree Priyadharsini, J. (2019) ‘In silico validation of the non-antibiotic drugs acetaminophen and ibuprofen as antibacterial agents against red complex pathogens’, Journal of periodontology, 90(12), pp. 1441–1448. doi: 10.1002/JPER.18-0673.
- Vijayashree Priyadharsini, J., Smiline Girija, A. S. and Paramasivam, A. (2018) ‘In silico analysis of virulence genes in an emerging dental pathogen A. baumannii and related species’, Archives of oral biology, 94, pp. 93–98. doi: 10.1016/j.archoralbio.2018.07.001.
- Vishnu Prasad, S. et al. (2018) ‘Report on oral health status and treatment needs of 5-15 years old children with sensory deficits in Chennai, India’, Special care in dentistry: official publication of the American Association of Hospital Dentists, the Academy of Dentistry for the Handicapped, and the American Society for Geriatric Dentistry, 38(1), pp. 58–59. doi: 10.1111/scd.12267.
- Wahab, P. U. A. et al. (2018) ‘Scalpel Versus Diathermy in Wound Healing After Mucosal Incisions: A Split-Mouth Study’, Journal of oral and maxillofacial surgery: official journal of the American Association of Oral and Maxillofacial Surgeons, 76(6), pp. 1160–1164. doi: 10.1016/j.joms.2017.12.020.
- Yang, L. et al. (2020) ‘Epidemiological and clinical features of 200 hospitalized patients with corona virus disease 2019 outside Wuhan, China: A descriptive study’, Journal of clinical virology: the official publication of the Pan American Society for Clinical Virology, 129, p. 104475. doi: 10.1016/j.jcv.2020.104475.
- Article View: 2
- PDF Download: 5