Impact of Lockdown Among People Due to Covid-19
Journal of Contemporary Issues in Business and Government,
2020, Volume 26, Issue 2, Pages 1567-1581
AbstractIntroduction: The novel coronavirus diseases that were employed at the top of 2020 started to threaten many people's lives. Highly infectious disease with the risk of severe respiratory illness. The Public Health system was quickly impacted by the governments since there is no proper discovery of vaccines, prevention is the only way to control this Pandemic of covid-19. The current outbreak of coronavirus (COVID-19) was first seen in wahan, china with a continuously rising number of confirmed cases. The COVID-19 pandemic is becoming reality and social distancing, lockdown measures was practised by canceling events and gatherings, closing of public places, as well as school and universities.
Aim : The aim of the study was to analyse the impact of lockdown among people due to COVID -19
Materials and methods: An online survey was conducted among 200 general public based on their impact on lockdown due to COVID- 19. The online survey included 20 questions on the impact of lock down among people due to COVID -19.
Results: In our study, 82% say that lockdown is helpful in controlling the pandemic of covid and 19. 82.4% feel changes in the daily routine due to this lockdown
Conclusion: 82.4% feel changes in the daily routine, this is because it’s been more than 50 days in a lockdown. On 24th March, PM of India ordered a nationwide lock down for 21 days and now we're in phase -5 for extension of this lock down till 30th june
- Anitha, R. and Ashwini, S. (2017) ‘Antihyperglycemic activity of Caralluma fimbriata: An In vitro approach’, Pharmacognosy Magazine, p. 499. doi: 10.4103/pm.pm_59_17.
- Ashwini, S., Ezhilarasan, D. and Anitha, R. (2017) ‘Cytotoxic Effect of Caralluma fimbriata Against Human Colon Cancer Cells’, Pharmacognosy Journal, pp. 204–207. doi: 10.5530/pj.2017.2.34.
- Bakowitz, M., Bruns, B. and McCunn, M. (2012) ‘Acute lung injury and the acute respiratory distress syndrome in the injured patient’, Scandinavian journal of trauma, resuscitation and emergency medicine, 20(1), pp. 1–10. doi: 10.1186/1757-7241-20-54.
- Carvalho, T. (2020) ‘COVID-19 Research in Brief: 20 March to 27 March, 2020’, Nature Medicine. doi: 10.1038/d41591-020-00006-0.
- Chandrasekar, R. et al. (2020) ‘Development and validation of a formula for objective assessment of cervical vertebral bone age’, Progress in orthodontics, 21(1), p. 38. doi: 10.1186/s40510-020-00338-0.
- Chen, P. et al. (2020) ‘Coronavirus disease (COVID-19): The need to maintain regular physical activity while taking precautions’, Journal of Sport and Health Science, pp. 103–104. doi: 10.1016/j.jshs.2020.02.001.
- Contributors to Wikimedia projects (2004) ‘Acute respiratory distress syndrome’. Available at: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Acute_respiratory_distress_syndrome (Accessed: 1 June 2020).
- Deogade, S., Gupta, P. and Ariga, P. (2018) ‘Effect of monopoly-coating agent on the surface roughness of a tissue conditioner subjected to cleansing and disinfection: A Contact Profilometric In vitro study’, Contemporary Clinical Dentistry, p. 122. doi: 10.4103/ccd.ccd_112_18.
- Dolinski, S. Y. (2000) ‘Irwin and Rippe’s Intensive Care Medicine, Fourth Edition. By Irwin, Rippe, and Cerra. Philadelphia, Lippincott Williams & Wilkins, 1998. Pages: 2912. List Price: $225.00’, Anesthesiology, p. 1511. doi: 10.1097/00000542-200005000-00069.
- Dua, K. et al. (2019) ‘The potential of siRNA based drug delivery in respiratory disorders: Recent advances and progress’, Drug development research, 80(6), pp. 714–730. doi: 10.1002/ddr.21571.
- Duraisamy, R. et al. (2019) ‘Compatibility of Nonoriginal Abutments With Implants: Evaluation of Microgap at the Implant-Abutment Interface, With Original and Nonoriginal Abutments’, Implant dentistry, 28(3), pp. 289–295. doi: 10.1097/ID.0000000000000885.
- Ezhilarasan, D. et al. (2017) ‘Acacia catechu ethanolic seed extract triggers apoptosis of SCC-25 cells’, Pharmacognosy Magazine, p. 405. doi: 10.4103/pm.pm_458_16.
- Ezhilarasan, D. (2018a) ‘Oxidative stress is bane in chronic liver diseases: Clinical and experimental perspective’, Arab journal of gastroenterology: the official publication of the Pan-Arab Association of Gastroenterology, 19(2), pp. 56–64. doi: 10.1016/j.ajg.2018.03.002.
- Ezhilarasan, D. (2018b) ‘Oxidative stress is bane in chronic liver diseases: Clinical and experimental perspective’, Arab Journal of Gastroenterology, pp. 56–64. doi: 10.1016/j.ajg.2018.03.002.
- Ezhilarasan, D., Apoorva, V. S. and Ashok Vardhan, N. (2019) ‘Syzygium cumini extract induced reactive oxygen species-mediated apoptosis in human oral squamous carcinoma cells’, Journal of oral pathology & medicine: official publication of the International Association of Oral Pathologists and the American Academy of Oral Pathology, 48(2), pp. 115–121. doi: 10.1111/jop.12806.
- Ezhilarasan, D., Sokal, E. and Najimi, M. (2018) ‘Hepatic fibrosis: It is time to go with hepatic stellate cell-specific therapeutic targets’, Hepatobiliary & pancreatic diseases international: HBPD INT, 17(3), pp. 192–197. doi: 10.1016/j.hbpd.2018.04.003.
- Gheena, S. and Ezhilarasan, D. (2019a) ‘Syringic acid triggers reactive oxygen species-mediated cytotoxicity in HepG2 cells’, Human & experimental toxicology, 38(6), pp. 694–702. doi: 10.1177/0960327119839173.
- Gheena, S. and Ezhilarasan, D. (2019b) ‘Syringic acid triggers reactive oxygen species–mediated cytotoxicity in HepG2 cells’, Human & Experimental Toxicology, pp. 694–702. doi: 10.1177/0960327119839173.
- Gomathi, A. C. et al. (2020) ‘Anticancer activity of silver nanoparticles synthesized using aqueous fruit shell extract of Tamarindus indica on MCF-7 human breast cancer cell line’, Journal of Drug Delivery Science and Technology, p. 101376. doi: 10.1016/j.jddst.2019.101376.
- Gupta, R. (2020) ‘Letter to the editor in response to article: “Clinical considerations for patients with diabetes in times of COVID-19 epidemic (Gupta et al.)’, Diabetes & Metabolic Syndrome: Clinical Research & Reviews, p. 365. doi: 10.1016/j.dsx.2020.04.023.
- Husain, Z., Das, A. K. and Ghosh, S. (no date) ‘Did the National lockdown lock COVID-19 down in India, and reduce pressure on health infrastructure?’ doi: 10.1101/2020.05.27.20115329.
- Jeevanandan, G. and Govindaraju, L. (2018) ‘Clinical comparison of Kedo-S paediatric rotary files vs manual instrumentation for root canal preparation in primary molars: a double blinded randomised clinical trial’, European Archives of Paediatric Dentistry, pp. 273–278. doi: 10.1007/s40368-018-0356-6.
- J, P. C. et al. (2018) ‘Prevalence and measurement of anterior loop of the mandibular canal using CBCT: A cross sectional study’, Clinical implant dentistry and related research, 20(4), pp. 531–534. doi: 10.1111/cid.12609.
- Karthiga, P., Rajeshkumar, S. and Annadurai, G. (2018) ‘Mechanism of Larvicidal Activity of Antimicrobial Silver Nanoparticles Synthesized Using Garcinia mangostana Bark Extract’, Journal of Cluster Science, pp. 1233–1241. doi: 10.1007/s10876-018-1441-z.
- Lakshmi, T. et al. (2015) ‘Azadirachta indica : A herbal panacea in dentistry - An update’, Pharmacognosy Reviews, p. 41. doi: 10.4103/0973-7847.156337.
- Lakshmi, T. et al. (2017) ‘ethanolic bark extract induces apoptosis in human oral squamous carcinoma cells’, Journal of advanced pharmaceutical technology & research, 8(4), pp. 143–149. doi: 10.4103/japtr.JAPTR_73_17.
- Lemko, I. S. et al. (2020) ‘Quantitative evaluation of alkalinizing features of natural mineral waters of Transcarpathia’, Balneo Research Journal, pp. 174–179. doi: 10.12680/balneo.2020.336.
- Long, D. and Hessel, M. (2020) ‘A Case of Traumatic Aortic Transection Presenting With Hemorrhagic Shock’, The Journal of Emergency Medicine. doi: 10.1016/j.jemermed.2020.02.004.
- Lynch, J. (2020) ‘Health Equity, Social Policy, and Promoting Recovery from COVID-19’, Journal of health politics, policy and law. doi: 10.1215/03616878-8641518.
- Malli Sureshbabu, N. et al. (2019) ‘Concentrated Growth Factors as an Ingenious Biomaterial in Regeneration of Bony Defects after Periapical Surgery: A Report of Two Cases’, Case reports in dentistry, 2019, p. 7046203. doi: 10.1155/2019/7046203.
- Mathew, M. G. et al. (2020) ‘Evaluation of adhesion of Streptococcus mutans, plaque accumulation on zirconia and stainless steel crowns, and surrounding gingival inflammation in primary molars: Randomized controlled trial’, Clinical oral investigations, pp. 1–6. Available at: https://link.springer.com/article/10.1007/s00784-020-03204-9.
- Mehta, M., Deeksha, Tewari, D., Gupta, G., Awasthi, R., Singh, H., Pandey, P., Chellappan, D. K., Wadhwa, R., Collet, T., Hansbro, P. M., Kumar, S. R., et al. (2019) ‘Oligonucleotide therapy: An emerging focus area for drug delivery in chronic inflammatory respiratory diseases’, Chemico-biological interactions, 308, pp. 206–215. doi: 10.1016/j.cbi.2019.05.028.
- Mehta, M., Deeksha, Tewari, D., Gupta, G., Awasthi, R., Singh, H., Pandey, P., Chellappan, D. K., Wadhwa, R., Collet, T., Hansbro, P. M., Rajesh Kumar, S., et al. (2019) ‘Oligonucleotide therapy: An emerging focus area for drug delivery in chronic inflammatory respiratory diseases’, Chemico-Biological Interactions, pp. 206–215. doi: 10.1016/j.cbi.2019.05.028.
- Menon, S. et al. (2018) ‘Selenium nanoparticles: A potent chemotherapeutic agent and an elucidation of its mechanism’, Colloids and Surfaces B: Biointerfaces, pp. 280–292. doi: 10.1016/j.colsurfb.2018.06.006.
- Merchant, R. M. and Lurie, N. (2020) ‘Social Media and Emergency Preparedness in Response to Novel Coronavirus’, JAMA, p. 2011. doi: 10.1001/jama.2020.4469.
- Panchal, V., Jeevanandan, G. and Subramanian, E. M. G. (2019) ‘Comparison of post-operative pain after root canal instrumentation with hand K-files, H-files and rotary Kedo-S files in primary teeth: a randomised clinical trial’, European archives of paediatric dentistry: official journal of the European Academy of Paediatric Dentistry, 20(5), pp. 467–472. doi: 10.1007/s40368-019-00429-5.
- Pc, J., Marimuthu, T. and Devadoss, P. (2018) ‘Prevalence and measurement of anterior loop of the mandibular canal using CBCT: A cross sectional study’, Clinical implant dentistry and related research. Available at: https://europepmc.org/article/med/29624863.
- Perumalsamy, H. et al. (2018) ‘In silico and in vitro analysis of coumarin derivative induced anticancer effects by undergoing intrinsic pathway mediated apoptosis in human stomach cancer’, Phytomedicine: international journal of phytotherapy and phytopharmacology, 46, pp. 119–130. doi: 10.1016/j.phymed.2018.04.021.
- Prabakar, J. et al. (2018) ‘Comparative Evaluation of Retention, Cariostatic Effect and Discoloration of Conventional and Hydrophilic Sealants - A Single Blinded Randomized Split Mouth Clinical Trial’, Contemporary clinical dentistry, 9(Suppl 2), pp. S233–S239. doi: 10.4103/ccd.ccd_132_18.
- Rajendran, R. et al. (2019) ‘Comparative Evaluation of Remineralizing Potential of a Paste Containing Bioactive Glass and a Topical Cream Containing Casein Phosphopeptide-Amorphous Calcium Phosphate: An in Vitro Study’, Pesquisa Brasileira em Odontopediatria e Clínica Integrada, pp. 1–10. doi: 10.4034/pboci.2019.191.61.
- Rajeshkumar, S., Kumar, S. V., et al. (2018) ‘Biosynthesis of zinc oxide nanoparticles usingMangifera indica leaves and evaluation of their antioxidant and cytotoxic properties in lung cancer (A549) cells’, Enzyme and microbial technology, 117, pp. 91–95. doi: 10.1016/j.enzmictec.2018.06.009.
- Rajeshkumar, S., Venkat Kumar, S., et al. (2018) ‘Biosynthesis of zinc oxide nanoparticles usingMangifera indica leaves and evaluation of their antioxidant and cytotoxic properties in lung cancer (A549) cells’, Enzyme and Microbial Technology, pp. 91–95. doi: 10.1016/j.enzmictec.2018.06.009.
- Rajeshkumar, S., Agarwal, H., et al. (2018) ‘Brassica oleracea Mediated Synthesis of Zinc Oxide Nanoparticles and its Antibacterial Activity against Pathogenic Bacteria’, Asian Journal of Chemistry, pp. 2711–2715. doi: 10.14233/ajchem.2018.21562.
- Rajeshkumar, S. et al. (2019) ‘Antibacterial and antioxidant potential of biosynthesized copper nanoparticles mediated through Cissus arnotiana plant extract’, Journal of photochemistry and photobiology. B, Biology, 197, p. 111531. doi: 10.1016/j.jphotobiol.2019.111531.
- Ramadurai, N. et al. (2019) ‘Effectiveness of 2% Articaine as an anesthetic agent in children: randomized controlled trial’, Clinical oral investigations, 23(9), pp. 3543–3550. doi: 10.1007/s00784-018-2775-5.
- Ramakrishnan, M., Dhanalakshmi, R. and Subramanian, E. M. G. (2019) ‘Survival rate of different fixed posterior space maintainers used in Paediatric Dentistry - A systematic review’, The Saudi dental journal, 31(2), pp. 165–172. doi: 10.1016/j.sdentj.2019.02.037.
- Ramesh, A. et al. (2018) ‘Comparative estimation of sulfiredoxin levels between chronic periodontitis and healthy patients - A case-control study’, Journal of periodontology, 89(10), pp. 1241–1248. doi: 10.1002/JPER.17-0445.
- R, H. et al. (2020) ‘CYP2 C9 polymorphism among patients with oral squamous cell carcinoma and its role in altering the metabolism of benzo[a]pyrene’, Oral Surgery, Oral Medicine, Oral Pathology and Oral Radiology, pp. 306–312. doi: 10.1016/j.oooo.2020.06.021.
- Samuel, S. R. (2021) ‘Can 5-year-olds sensibly self-report the impact of developmental enamel defects on their quality of life?’, International journal of paediatric dentistry / the British Paedodontic Society [and] the International Association of Dentistry for Children, 31(2), pp. 285–286. doi: 10.1111/ipd.12662.
- Samuel, S. R., Acharya, S. and Rao, J. C. (2020) ‘School Interventions-based Prevention of Early-Childhood Caries among 3-5-year-old children from very low socioeconomic status: Two-year randomized trial’, Journal of public health dentistry, 80(1), pp. 51–60. doi: 10.1111/jphd.12348.
- Sharma, P. et al. (2019) ‘Emerging trends in the novel drug delivery approaches for the treatment of lung cancer’, Chemico-biological interactions, 309, p. 108720. doi: 10.1016/j.cbi.2019.06.033.
- Sridharan, G. et al. (2019) ‘Evaluation of salivary metabolomics in oral leukoplakia and oral squamous cell carcinoma’, Journal of oral pathology & medicine: official publication of the International Association of Oral Pathologists and the American Academy of Oral Pathology, 48(4), pp. 299–306. doi: 10.1111/jop.12835.
- Taneja, N. et al. (no date) ‘Sudden Lockdown and Unseen Challenges in India due to COVID19: An Outbreak Analysis (Preprint)’. doi: 10.2196/preprints.20162.
- Varghese, S. S., Ramesh, A. and Veeraiyan, D. N. (2019) ‘Blended Module-Based Teaching in Biostatistics and Research Methodology: A Retrospective Study with Postgraduate Dental Students’, Journal of dental education, 83(4), pp. 445–450. doi: 10.21815/JDE.019.054.
- Vijayashree Priyadharsini, J. (2019) ‘In silico validation of the non-antibiotic drugs acetaminophen and ibuprofen as antibacterial agents against red complex pathogens’, Journal of periodontology, 90(12), pp. 1441–1448. doi: 10.1002/JPER.18-0673.
- Vijayashree Priyadharsini, J., Smiline Girija, A. S. and Paramasivam, A. (2018) ‘In silico analysis of virulence genes in an emerging dental pathogen A. baumannii and related species’, Archives of oral biology, 94, pp. 93–98. doi: 10.1016/j.archoralbio.2018.07.001.
- Vishnu Prasad, S. et al. (2018) ‘Report on oral health status and treatment needs of 5-15 years old children with sensory deficits in Chennai, India’, Special care in dentistry: official publication of the American Association of Hospital Dentists, the Academy of Dentistry for the Handicapped, and the American Society for Geriatric Dentistry, 38(1), pp. 58–59. doi: 10.1111/scd.12267.
- Wahab, P. U. A. et al. (2018) ‘Scalpel Versus Diathermy in Wound Healing After Mucosal Incisions: A Split-Mouth Study’, Journal of oral and maxillofacial surgery: official journal of the American Association of Oral and Maxillofacial Surgeons, 76(6), pp. 1160–1164. doi: 10.1016/j.joms.2017.12.020.
- Website (no date). Available at: https://www.scopus.com/inward/record.url?eid=2-s2.0- 85052485427&partnerID=40&md5=94154d9ca7b1be01877093dc28e0c21f (Accessed: 2 June 2020).
- Wilder-Smith, A. and Freedman, D. O. (2020) ‘Isolation, quarantine, social distancing and community containment: pivotal role for old-style public health measures in the novel coronavirus (2019-nCoV) outbreak’, Journal of Travel Medicine. doi: 10.1093/jtm/taaa020.
- Xu, L., Yaqian, M. and Chen, G. (no date) ‘Risk factors for severe corona virus disease 2019 (COVID-19) patients : a systematic review and meta analysis’. doi: 10.1101/2020.03.30.20047415.
- Article View: 74
- PDF Download: 50